• April 25, 2024, 10:22:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: BMS issues?  (Read 479 times)

Electric_Adventures

• View Profile
BMS issues?
« on: August 28, 2020, 09:07:41 AM »

I had an issue pop up for the first time tonight that seems to be a BMS problem.  I’ll call my dealer about it in the morning but I thought that I’d ask everyone here to see if there’s an easy fix to my issue. (This is a 2017 DS ZF13.0 with 2019 Charge Tank)

Went out for a ride tonight and decided to plug in when I returned home because of low SoC (35%) - using a J1772 plug on my charge tank - and when I plugged in, the green charging light popped up and the charge time estimation numbers popped up as well, however, as the charger started to push electricity, the charge estimation time stayed zeroed out.  The bike has been charging but I don’t think it is pulling 6kwh right now.  After power cycling and plugging in, unplugging and resetting the charger, I have the same issue.  Even opening the app, it states that the bike is not charging.  It still displays the SoC, Cell Balance, and Charge Cycles but there is an N/A on Charging Amps, Charging Watts, and Time until Charged.
2017 Zero DS ZF13.0

Electric_Adventures

• View Profile
Re: BMS issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 09:11:53 AM »

It seems that the bike has now stopped charging at 44% and is holding steady there - charger is pushing energy but the bike doesn’t seem to be receiving anything.  The charger is turning off and on with the bike temp indicator on the dash dropping to 66 and the skyrocketing back to 10313 and falling to 116 every time the reset happens.
2017 Zero DS ZF13.0

Electric_Adventures

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 09:38:15 AM »

An update - BMS reset did nothing.  I don’t think the bike can charge anymore from either charging port.
2017 Zero DS ZF13.0

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 12:23:44 PM »

Usually the symptoms you're listing are a charger failure.  It's failing to give the power needed to continue the charge.

I don't think you'd have a SoC with a BMS failure.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

AutoE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 10:10:15 PM »

It may be an issue with your chargetank.  You may try bypassing (ideally unplugging is you've the ability to do so) and use only the onboard. Post your logs.

Electric_Adventures

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 10:51:01 PM »

Here are the logs, I was able to pull both.  I’d really appreciate any extra info you could give me!
2017 Zero DS ZF13.0

Electric_Adventures

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 10:51:54 PM »

Whoops, that’s both BMS, here’s the MBB
2017 Zero DS ZF13.0
Pages: [1]