• April 26, 2024, 11:32:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: HELP my 2016SR with 93% SOC shutting off with Sevcon 0x45C3 Low Battery Error  (Read 406 times)

RonIL

• View Profile

I bought a 2016SR recently. First 100km no issues. Now there are several Sevcon 0x45C3 Low Battery Error and the bike is shutting off. Battery was 93% SOC last time. Any ideas?

DonTom

• View Profile

I bought a 2016SR recently. First 100km no issues. Now there are several Sevcon 0x45C3 Low Battery Error and the bike is shutting off. Battery was 93% SOC last time. Any ideas?
I would start my checking the large bolts (five) on the Sevcon motor controller. Perhaps one of two is  loose that comes from the bike's  battery. Two come from the bikes's battery, the other three go to the bike's motor.

You get to it from under the seat, very rear of the bike.

If no trouble found there, I would try to measure the battery input voltage there on the Sevcon.  If seems flaky, measure it under load with the back wheel off the ground. But if the bike isn't running, I assume you will see the problem right there and then  have no need to lift up the rear wheel.

It's high voltage, so be careful, as the bike must be on (contactor closed) to check the voltage there.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:09:17 AM by DonTom »
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Auriga

• View Profile

How long does it take for the bike to shut off? Where are you reading those sevcon errors? Could you post either the MBB log snippet you're using or a log of the startup process for the bike.

Be careful touching the controller bolts, over torquing or under torquing them can cause thermal events.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile

"Thermal event" aka 'fire'.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5
Pages: [1]