• April 25, 2024, 11:04:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Custom Wheels  (Read 348 times)

tbombadil

• outdoorsy techy
    • View Profile
Custom Wheels
« on: September 30, 2020, 08:12:45 AM »

Hey all,

Anyone swapped over to custom rear (or both) wheel(s)? for example, BST carbon wheels.  Just wondering if noticed any improvements or downsides.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Custom Wheels
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 09:06:24 AM »

Carbon wheels sound good until you do your research.  Good if you're a professional racer with a sponsor who'll pay for them and replace them after "X" number of races.  BAD for a street rider on a budget who has to deal with typical urban and suburban roads with their pot holes, bumps and other debris.  Even worse if you beat on them off-road...
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

tbombadil

• outdoorsy techy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 10:53:21 AM »

Carbon wheels sound good until you do your research.  Good if you're a professional racer with a sponsor who'll pay for them and replace them after "X" number of races.  BAD for a street rider on a budget who has to deal with typical urban and suburban roads with their pot holes, bumps and other debris.  Even worse if you beat on them off-road...

I've definitely done research; considered the change to my Oz Racing wheels on my Aprilia. I've not heard of people having to swap out just because of X races or hitting a pot hole. Feel like I've actually read quite the opposite. I can't be bothered to go grabbing links though since I didn't specify I'm interested in low cost wheels to begin with. I specifically called out a known wheel manufacturer that costs at least $1,500 per wheel. Good custom wheels aren't cheap. My set of Oz Racing wheels are almost 20 years old and still worth $800 easy, $1000 if you wait.

So, again, just looking for information regarding people on their Zero 2013+ that have utilized custom wheels. I don't care about the budget.

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 08:22:55 PM »

BST carbon would be super trick! What about the ABS sensors? Maybe you are running without it?
Pages: [1]