• March 29, 2024, 06:34:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Recommend a Zero dealer for me (London, UK)  (Read 376 times)

andrewcsp

• View Profile
Recommend a Zero dealer for me (London, UK)
« on: October 28, 2020, 06:50:35 PM »

Hello,

I've had news from my dealer that they are ending their partnership with Zero as of December.

Given the huge amount of warranty work I needed on my SR/F earlier this year (more on that here - https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9801.0). Can anybody recommend a reliable dealer to me, ideally within 10-20 miles of the Greater London area?

thanks!

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: Recommend a Zero dealer for me (London, UK)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 09:33:32 PM »

Which dealer is that? I got my bike from Daytona, haven't dealt with them since the purchase though so can't really comment on reliability. Your only other options in that range are Firstline Motor Cycles Ltd, Scooterised, Scooter Ltd - Chelsea Group, Spark Moto Ltd, and 21st Moto Limited.

andrewcsp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 10:31:28 PM »

Which dealer is that? I got my bike from Daytona, haven't dealt with them since the purchase though so can't really comment on reliability. Your only other options in that range are Firstline Motor Cycles Ltd, Scooterised, Scooter Ltd - Chelsea Group, Spark Moto Ltd, and 21st Moto Limited.

I'm afraid you'll be in the same situation as me then. My current dealer is also Daytona in Ruislip.

Just had my bike serviced by them and was told their partnership with Zero is ending in December. They can still service the bike in future, but wouldn't be able to do warranty work going forwards.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 11:31:37 PM »

I realize it's many times over your requested 10-20 miles but I must recommend Alec at English Electric Motor Co. if you can't find something else that fits your needs.

andrewcsp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 03:22:30 PM »

I realize it's many times over your requested 10-20 miles but I must recommend Alec at English Electric Motor Co. if you can't find something else that fits your needs.

Yes, I believe Alec at English Electric Motor Co is actually the guy who did the warranty work I needed earlier this year. Would love to use them, but it's around 2 hours and 100 miles from me. Questionable if I'd even get there on a full charge.

hotrob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 07:06:28 PM »

Would love to use them, but it's around 2 hours and 100 miles from me. Questionable if I'd even get there on a full charge.
They do offer mobile servicing - they will come to you and service your bike.  See their website.  They say, "Regarding costings of our mobile servicing our standard fee is £145 incl VAT (standard workshop based service is £72 incl VAT)".

andrewcsp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 07:29:11 PM »

They do offer mobile servicing - they will come to you and service your bike.  See their website.  They say, "Regarding costings of our mobile servicing our standard fee is £145 incl VAT (standard workshop based service is £72 incl VAT)".

Thanks for spotting that. It didn't even occur to me that they may offer mobile servicing. Will certainly consider that in future.
Pages: [1]