• April 28, 2024, 02:37:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero DSR will not start  (Read 1194 times)

Offpist

• View Profile
Zero DSR will not start
« on: June 17, 2020, 09:05:11 PM »

So I had it to an Zero dealer, and they did some debug and found that its an defect BMM.
I ordered an new BMM, and had it programmed for my VIN.
After installing it, the error is still the same.. And i made an video of it below.

Does the bike have to be programmed somehow after changing BMM, or should it be plug`n play?
Any suggestions?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Zero DSR will not start
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 11:36:15 PM »

"BMM" is ambiguous - there is an MBB (main bike board) and a BMS (battery management system). I assume you mean the MBB.

The display does not indicate much - can you provide MBB logs via the mobile app? Use the online log parser if you don't have a Zero-provided log: http://home.hasslers.net/zerologparser/log_parser.php

One possible cause of the flashing display is a communications error, which may be related to the wiring harnesses and not the boards themselves.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Offpist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 08:20:52 PM »

Thanks.
The dealer wrote BMM in his repport, but your right its called an MBB.

So i did some tests today.
And when i connect to the bike with the "old" MBB i get "unknown bike", and an different SOC reading than in the bike display. It also seems to think its charging, but its not.

THEN, when i switch to the NEW MBB i get the correct Model name, and the SOC corresponds to the SOC in bike display.
(It went from 99% to 98% and then to 97% in both)

When comparing the labling on the two, could ut be that the old has SW V01401 and new has V02341?

I talked to my dealer and he says the motor controller will need to be programmed for this to work.

When trying to extract the logs i can only get to 58% before the display starts to blink and bluetooth connection is cut off.
So unless there is an way to force the bike to stay on. i am not able to download the logs at the moment.

At some point i could hear the main relays turn on, but then off again soon after.

Any suggestions at this point? I probably will just have to get it to the workshop.

Its an 2016 model, so FW update is not possible over the app on the phone, it seems.

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 10:36:34 PM »

That first image is the "demo" display which means it's not connected to the bike, it will always show 87% and that it's charging. On my phone however it says demo mode where it says unknown model for you and shows an image of an FX, perhaps your app is outdated so see if there's an update for that (mine is v2.0.0 (41), tap the three lines in the top left and then "about this app").

To keep the bike awake I think you can put a strap round the throttle so it's partially applied, of course make sure the stand is down and kill switch is on when doing this. If you're only doing the MBB logs it shouldn't take so long that the bike shuts off though, if you do the BMS logs as well then it will take longer.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 10:58:21 PM »

If you swap MBBs, you have to re-pair the phone to the new MBB's bluetooth interface.

The keep-alive feature of the throttle is something I can confirm has worked for me (usually when I'm charging without keep-alive features).

Offpist

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 11:23:29 PM »

Thanks again for the replies.
Yes, after changing MBB i had to pair the phone to the bike again. It showed ut as an second bike, but with the same name.

I tried the "keep alive" feature holding the throtle but at no suksess.
To me it seems like its not able to communicate with the motor controller.

To download log takes 1 minute and the bike will turn off bluetooth after about 40 seconds.

If i change back to "old" MBB it connects to the bike but shows "unknown bike" but it is connected and i CAN start downloading logs but never finish.

I also tried to disconnect the large system connector to the motor controller and then turn on key, the behaviour is exatly the same as with motor controller connected.
Could this be an software issue? To me it seems like the motor controller is not communincating with the rest of the bike.

It reads all the data from the battery (114V, 3mv cell balance etc).
After key-on the motor controller will turn on the green light 4 times (on the controller itself) before turning off.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Zero DSR will not start
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 02:34:08 AM »

Don’t forget that the MBB logs are on the MBB. So you’ll get the event history while that MBB was operating.

Each MBB has to get programmed for the bike, but I don’t know whether this has implications for replaced MBB units. It’s possible that the old unit will “self-reject” if something like the odometer is off. But it would know its VIN and the model details.

Accessing the MBB console via the OBD-II port would be more productive, but that requires a connector be ready to go and some savvy with a laptop and terminal.

Offpist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 11:59:31 AM »

I have ordered the USB-to-TTL cable and OBD-II port and will try to investigate using Putty.
If anyone have the tools to do SW updates or more advanced stuff over Teamviewer please PM me.

Offpist

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 01:09:32 AM »

So, I am not able to colledt data from the OBDII port.
And to me it seems like the MBB can not communicate with the Sevcon motor controller.
I have visually inspected all pins on the Sevcon and on the MBB and i dont see anything off.
Any ideas how to proceed? I can see the Sevcon controller blinkling green when turning on before going off.

*              Zero Motorcycles MBB                         *
*             Board Name : MBB PCB ASSY CORTEX M3 15MY IMPL *
*               Board PN : 41-07782                         *
*              Board Rev : 03                               *
*        Board Rev Sense : 03                               *
*          Firmware Name : FIRMWARE MBB CORTEX M3 15MY IMPL *
*            Firmware PN : 75-07785                         *
*           Firmware Rev : 55                               *
*                  Built : Jun 12 2019 16:50:55             *
Reset Source: Power-On
DEBUG:            44  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
 - Checking 5V Supply......................... Okay
 - Checking 3.3V Supply....................... Okay
 - Checking EEPROM............................ Okay
 - Checking CANbus............................ NOT YET IMPLEMENTED
DEBUG:            51  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_selftest.c          : line   227 - SelfTest Passed
DEBUG:           103  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_startup.c           : line   538 - Disabling all chargers until one or more modules are connected.
DEBUG:           106  ..\src\Application\main.c                       : line    87 - Entering Main Loop
DEBUG:           248  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1644 - Not logged into Sevcon, logging in now
DEBUG:           449  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1648 - Un successful logging into controller when attempting to write 0x4620 sub 0x01, return code 0xFFFFFFFF
DEBUG:           450  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line  1076 - CAN1 error passive level reached
DEBUG:           451  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1264 - Changed from None mode to Stopped mode
DEBUG:           469  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1665 - Disconnecting Module 00
DEBUG:           491  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1665 - Disconnecting Module 01
DEBUG:           636  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_manage_bike.c       : line   186 - Turning ON DCDC
DEBUG:           636  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_abs.c               : line   269 - Turning ON ABS
DEBUG:           923  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_bms_interface.c     : line  3264 - Module 0 CAN Link Up
DEBUG:           951  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line   647 - Registering Module 0 ( 114638mV ) bms: 2015_bms_03920d_01991, batt: 16qd2039
DEBUG:           986  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_manage_bike.c       : line  1294 - Kickstand Sw = DOWN
DEBUG:          1021  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_bms_interface.c     : line  3276 - Module 0 CAN Link Down
DEBUG:          1049  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_bms_interface.c     : line  3264 - Module 0 CAN Link Up
DEBUG:          3144  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line   479 - Turning On Sevcon
DEBUG:          4144  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          4200  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   933 - CAN1 ACK error
DEBUG:          4653  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          5153  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          5653  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          6155  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          6663  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          7163  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          7663  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          8163  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          8663  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          9163  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:          9663  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         10163  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         10668  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         11170  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         11681  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         12189  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         12690  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         13160  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  2838 - Precharge Timed Out. CapV: 0V
DEBUG:         13176  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1665 - Disconnecting Module 00
DEBUG:         13198  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1665 - Disconnecting Module 01
DEBUG:         13222  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line   497 - Turning Off Sevcon
DEBUG:         16245  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line   479 - Turning On Sevcon
DEBUG:         17250  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         17280  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   933 - CAN1 ACK error
DEBUG:         17750  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         18250  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         18750  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         19250  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         19752  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         20260  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         20760  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         21260  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         21760  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         22261  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         22760  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         23260  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         23760  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         24260  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         24760  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         25261  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         25760  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         26260  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         26270  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  2838 - Precharge Timed Out. CapV: 0V
DEBUG:         26287  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1665 - Disconnecting Module 00
DEBUG:         26309  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1665 - Disconnecting Module 01
DEBUG:         26331  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line   497 - Turning Off Sevcon
DEBUG:         29356  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line   479 - Turning On Sevcon
DEBUG:         30364  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         30375  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   933 - CAN1 ACK error
DEBUG:         30864  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         31364  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         31864  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         32366  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         32875  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         33375  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         33875  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         34375  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         34875  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         35375  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         35875  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         36375  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         36875  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         37375  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         37875  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         38375  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         38875  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         39375  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         39376  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  2838 - Precharge Timed Out. CapV: 0V
DEBUG:         39393  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1665 - Disconnecting Module 00
DEBUG:         39415  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1665 - Disconnecting Module 01
DEBUG:         39437  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line   497 - Turning Off Sevcon
DEBUG:         42460  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line   479 - Turning On Sevcon
DEBUG:         43470  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         43480  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   933 - CAN1 ACK error
DEBUG:         43481  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   985 - CAN1 BIT0 error
DEBUG:         43969  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         44469  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         44969  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_can.c               : line   848 - Initializing Sevcon CAN
DEBUG:         44971  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  2581 - Too many Sevcon CAN retries. Shutting Down.
DEBUG:         44996  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line   497 - Turning Off Sevcon
DEBUG:         45016  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_manage_bike.c       : line   196 - Turning OFF DCDC
DEBUG:         45016  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1665 - Disconnecting Module 00
DEBUG:         45038  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_module.c            : line  1665 - Disconnecting Module 01

Offpist

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 01:12:43 AM »

If i write the command SEVCON, this is the reply:

DEBUG:        231045  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1593 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x5300 sub 0x01 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF

*             Sevcon Data              *

Received PDOs
  - Motor speed               :     0 RPM
  - Age of motor speed data   : 34440 ms

- Throttle Input Voltage    : 10000 mV
  - Age of throttle data      : 34441 ms

- Motor Temp                :  -100 C
  - Max Motor Temp This Ride  :  -100 C
  - Age of motor temp data    : 34442 ms

- Controller Temp           :  -100 C
  - Max Ctrl Temp This Ride   :  -100 C
  - Age of ctrl temp data     : 34443 ms

- Battery Voltage           :     0.-100 V
  - Capacitor Voltage         :     0.-100 V
  - Contactor Coil Voltage    :     0.-100 V
  - Age of voltage data       : 34444 ms

- Current Target            :     0 Amps
  - Motor Torque              :     0 ft-lbs ( 0 Nm )
  - Motor Power               :     0 Watts
  - Age of current data       : 34448 ms

- Speed Target              :     0 units?
  - Age of speed target data  : 34470 ms

- Digital Inputs 1-8        :  0x00

Transmitted PDOs
  --Drive Control--
  - Max Batt Chg Current      :     0 A
  - Max Batt Dishg Current    :     0 A
  - Time Since DrvCtrl Sent   :  186252 ms
  - Economy Factor            :  0x0000

SDOs
DEBUG:        231258  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1608 - Not logged into Sevcon, logging in now
DEBUG:        231459  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1612 - Un successful logging into controller when attempting to read 0x5000 sub 0x01, return code 0xFFFFFFFF
DEBUG:        231560  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1628 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x5000 sub 0x01, return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Access Level              :        0
DEBUG:        231661  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1608 - Not logged into Sevcon, logging in now
DEBUG:        231862  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1612 - Un successful logging into controller when attempting to read 0x4620 sub 0x01, return code 0xFFFFFFFF
DEBUG:        231963  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1628 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x4620 sub 0x01, return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Motor Temp Control Mode   :     0x00
DEBUG:        232064  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1473 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x29A0 sub 0x03 return code 0x0000
DEBUG:        232165  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1473 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x29A0 sub 0x02 return code 0x0000
  - Odometer Km               :      0.0
  - Odometer Miles            :      0.0

DEBUG:        232267  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1593 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x2781 sub 0x01 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Key on Hours              :     0
DEBUG:        232368  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1628 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x2781 sub 0x02, return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Key on Minutes            :     0
DEBUG:        232469  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1593 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x2782 sub 0x01 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Traction on Hours         :     0
DEBUG:        232570  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1628 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x2782 sub 0x02, return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Traction on Minutes       :     0

DEBUG:        232671  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1577 - Not logged into Sevcon, logging in now
DEBUG:        232872  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1581 - Un successful logging into controller when attempting to read 0x2922 sub 0x05 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF
DEBUG:        232973  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1593 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x2922 sub 0x05 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Max Eco Speed             :     0 MPH ( 0 KPH ) ( 0 RPM )
DEBUG:        233074  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1577 - Not logged into Sevcon, logging in now
DEBUG:        233275  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1581 - Un successful logging into controller when attempting to read 0x2922 sub 0x01 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF
DEBUG:        233376  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1593 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x2922 sub 0x01 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Max Eco Torque            :     0 %
DEBUG:        233477  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1577 - Not logged into Sevcon, logging in now
DEBUG:        233678  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1581 - Un successful logging into controller when attempting to read 0x2922 sub 0x03 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF
DEBUG:        233779  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1593 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x2922 sub 0x03 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Max Eco Regen Coast Tq    :     0 %
DEBUG:        233880  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1577 - Not logged into Sevcon, logging in now
DEBUG:        234081  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1581 - Un successful logging into controller when attempting to read 0x2922 sub 0x04 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF
DEBUG:        234182  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1593 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x2922 sub 0x04 , return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Max Eco Regen Brake Tq    :     0 %

DEBUG:        234283  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1628 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x46A4 sub 0x02, return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - Sevcon DCF Rev            :  0
  - Sevcon Firmware Rev       :
  - Sevcon Hardware Rev       :
  - Sevcon Serial num         : 536907528

DEBUG:        234684  ..\src\Application\zero_mbb_sevcon_interface.c  : line  1628 - Un Successful reading SDO from controller 0x2800 sub 0x00, return code 0xFFFFFFFF
  - In Operational Mode       : Yes

Active Sevcon Faults
  - Number of Faults          :    0

Offpist

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 03:07:15 PM »

Bump... anyone?

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 07:19:52 PM »

The mbb and motor controller aren't talking to each other.  There's lots of possible causes, the first being there's a disconnected or degraded wire or connection, the next being the motor controller is burned out; but that's lots of reasons the motor controller isn't talking back.

-Crissa
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 09:39:21 PM by Crissa »
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Offpist

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 09:16:16 PM »

The Motor Controller gets  an steady 113V on PIN 1 and PIN 6.

The B+ input on the Motor Controller only rises 1V.
So either the internal pre-charge sequence is not working, or something is making it not initiate pre-charge.

Relays no NOT kick in... Anyone have any idea what to check next?

Offpist

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2020, 01:14:50 PM »

Just wanted to fill inn an short update here.
I had to bring it to the local dealer and they found out the Sevcon motor controller was defect.

Zero is replacing it for free so this seems to have an good outcome, I only pay for the labor.
Pages: [1]