• April 29, 2024, 02:33:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Exiting From Storage Mode  (Read 1013 times)

karlh

• View Profile
Exiting From Storage Mode
« on: November 23, 2020, 01:15:16 AM »

After working with Zero Customer Service for a couple of weeks to get my SR/S dash and their Next Gen app working together properly, I decided to try a few functions as a test.  I put the bike into the Storage Mode using the app, left it for a day, then tried the key ON, key OFF procedure in the Owner's Manual to exit the mode.  Unfortunately, the bike doesn't want to exit the Storage Mode.  Both the dash and the app show the mode still active even after several attempts with the procedure in the Manual.  Has anyone else had a similar problem and, if so, found a solution?
Karl
2020 SR/S
2007 BMW R1200ST
1978 Triumph Bonneville

wmak

• View Profile
Re: Exiting From Storage Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 09:32:18 AM »

I have the same issue, but I didn't understand "key-cycling". The owner's manual just says to turn the key on and off, but this does nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

karlh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 07:04:40 PM »

I contacted Zero Tech Support and received the following reply:

"Please ensure you have done the following: First key on the motorcycle, ensure that you hear a click (this'll be the contactor and is normal to correct start up), have the side stand up and the Motorcycle kill switch in the off position (basically have the motorcycle in run mode). Do not apply throttle. This should take you out of storage mode."

Their reference to the kill switch is a bit vague but they mean depress the bottom of the switch.  This worked for me.  I recommended to Zero that they include this in a rewrite of the Owner's Manual (along with a few other recommended changes).
Karl
2020 SR/S
2007 BMW R1200ST
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 08:23:48 PM »

Glad you worked it out. I didn't know they've had that feature in the app. I'll have a try on my bike also.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

wmak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 11:35:48 PM »

"Please ensure you have done the following: First key on the motorcycle, ensure that you hear a click (this'll be the contactor and is normal to correct start up), have the side stand up and the Motorcycle kill switch in the off position (basically have the motorcycle in run mode). Do not apply throttle. This should take you out of storage mode."

Their reference to the kill switch is a bit vague but they mean depress the bottom of the switch.  This worked for me.  I recommended to Zero that they include this in a rewrite of the Owner's Manual (along with a few other recommended changes).

Just tried this, got a message that said "Motorcycle Armed" then in smaller letters,"Disarm your motorcycle to unlock App functionality"

The Storage mode message still pops up.

karlh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 01:18:02 AM »

I have no idea what those messages refer to.  I recommend you contact Zero for an explanation.
Karl
2020 SR/S
2007 BMW R1200ST
1978 Triumph Bonneville

karlh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 08:02:56 PM »

wmak -

What year and model motorcycle do you have?  Also, what app and app version are you using?  I have a 2020 SR/S and am using the Next Gen app, version 2.2.2.
Karl
2020 SR/S
2007 BMW R1200ST
1978 Triumph Bonneville

wmak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 10:45:17 PM »

Hey Karlh,

2020 SR/S, App Version 2.2.2(11), OS Version 14.2.0 I spoke to my dealer just now, and he wants to see screen shots of the problem, so I'll go that route for now. It's raining here today, so probably no riding, at least until it clears up.

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 07:07:26 PM »

Do you need firmware version 18 on the bike? Cause I tried yesterday and the app showed the storage mode screen on the battery tab but the bike itself remains operational. Also SOC hasn't dropped anything, still on 83% and I believe it should go to 60%.

2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

karlh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 07:18:44 PM »

Do you need firmware version 18 on the bike? Cause I tried yesterday and the app showed the storage mode screen on the battery tab but the bike itself remains operational. Also SOC hasn't dropped anything, still on 83% and I believe it should go to 60%.

Yes, version 18 is required.  I had the same problem.  The app could have been improved by posting that information on the Battery page.
Karl
2020 SR/S
2007 BMW R1200ST
1978 Triumph Bonneville

karlh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 04:13:07 AM »

Just tried this, got a message that said "Motorcycle Armed" then in smaller letters,"Disarm your motorcycle to unlock App functionality"

The Storage mode message still pops up.

I saw the same message today.  It means take the motorcycle out of the RUN mode (lower the sidestand or depress the top of the kill switch).
Karl
2020 SR/S
2007 BMW R1200ST
1978 Triumph Bonneville
Pages: [1]