• April 26, 2024, 07:49:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SS9 battery failing? only 3700km  (Read 720 times)

RonIL

• View Profile
SS9 battery failing? only 3700km
« on: December 22, 2020, 05:11:06 AM »

IS my SS9 battery failing? Only 3700km. Energica is not responding and my dealer says they are not standing behind the warranty and my SS9 was the last Energica they sold in 2019. I've tried reaching Energica calling, emailing, even messaging the CEO Livia. I was thinking of bringing to Israel, but if I can't get fixed it in London I doubt it'll be possible in Israel. How can I evaluate the battery for myself? Range was never even close to what they stated and after 2 laps at the track the battery is overheating. Appreciate any help. I feel like I threw close to €25,000 away and now I'm going to need to a solicitor to solve this.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: SS9 battery failing? only 3700km
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 06:01:10 AM »

If you have a wall socket to J1772 plug to charge the bike you and use a Kill-A-Watt plug meter to see how much power goes into you battery after it's empty.

You plug the meter into the wall and your charge cable into it.  It has a kWh metering option.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 06:16:55 AM »

Your dealer won't support you and the bike is less than a year old?

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 03:28:08 PM »

So what kind of range are you getting? How many miles/KM is your typical max range? Your track time, was the battery icon yellow or red? Notice any loss of power? As far as not getting the suggested range I never did either. But the range tests that were first published was based on a SAE standard that was done on what could be described as a treadmill so you wouldn't get that range on the road. It was a number to compare with other bikes that used the same test.

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 08:01:57 AM »

Riding it empty and then charging with a meter in between is really the way to go here. I know this is on a zero but I did it in this video

Riding this Zero SRF empty and fully charging to check battery capacity | My Zero SRF long term test

Also by how much is it off? Might be worth testing it on max 70 and 90 kmh roads to check range of you have time. On a warm day you should get close to Energica numbers.

Their range tests are reported to be executed in the road matching real life situations. But still it will be executed in summer in Italy with the smallest test rider they could find in a very calm day probably on a closed test track as flat as possible. So still best case scenario and rather optimistic.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---
Pages: [1]