• April 26, 2024, 07:18:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Installed SR/F foot peg lowering kit  (Read 1011 times)

droffsite

• View Profile
Installed SR/F foot peg lowering kit
« on: December 30, 2020, 03:45:55 AM »

Just received the kit (ordered from https://www.zeromoc.com/product/srf-footpeg-lowering/, no affiliation). Installation was straightforward, with 2 hints.

Though they're only 20 mm lower, it's surprisingly (pleasantly) noticeable.

For each peg:
  • Remove the foot peg circlip on the bottom of the pins with snap-ring pliers.
  • Remove the pin taking care not to let the spring shoot across the garage.
  • Put a bit of grease on the contact points of the new pegs.
  • Replace the pin and spring. Hint 1: I fought with this for a bit, trying to use pliers to compress the spring, until I figure out that just dropping the spring into place in the peg, then pushing it into place was vastly simpler. Wiggle the pin though until it's in place.
  • Reinstall the circlip on the bottom. One of mine was mangled from the factory, so I used one provided in the kit. The other was fine. I reused both pins (though 2 were provided in the kit).

For the brake lever:
  • Remove the T50 pivot bolt.
  • Remove two T30 bolts holding the brake unit in place.
  • Remove the tension spring from behind the lever. It has bent ends, one of which goes into the lever, the other into a hole nearby on the bike.
  • Move the linkage around until you can remove the pin holding the cable in place. It has a small barb with a spring that holds it in (no circliips here).
  • Remove the metal bushing from the pivot point in the lever(assuming it hasn't fallen out already).
  • Remove the two plastic bushing halves from the pivot point in the lever. Hint 2: I used a small screwdriver inserted between the halves inside the pivot hole to drive each loose enough to get said screwdriver under the rims. Then they pried out easily enough.
  • Replace the plastic and metal bushings in the new lever.
  • Put a bit of grease on the linkage pin.
  • Replace the linkage pin.
  • Replace the tension spring.
  • Reinstall the T30 bolts. Torque to 9 lb·ft (12 Nm) with blue Loctite.
  • Reinstall the T50 bolt. Torque to 34 lb·ft (46 Nm) with blue Loctite.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 04:07:21 AM by droffsite »

Hans2183

• View Profile
Re: Installed SR/F foot peg lowering kit
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 02:37:56 PM »

Thanks for the tips. Mine were ordered together with the charge tank but I'll try installing them myself so this will be useful 👍
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

theoutsider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 10:18:09 AM »

Just an update. I just installed the kit today (2/5/2023). The new kits now have the plastic glides included in the kit, so you don't need to pry them off the original brake pedal. The new kits also have full instructions that are slightly different than in the post. The key difference is that you don't need to take off the little piston part that is fastened by T30 screws. The new instructions say to push down the spring loaded detent on the back of the Pin and pull it out (it did take some wiggling). I was able to complete the job in about 45 min going slow.

The difference may only be 20mm, but the angle is different too which adds to the comfort. I really like my lowered foot pegs and my hip pain is gone!
2022 Zero SR

opengl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 03:52:21 AM »

I was also amazed at how much more comfy they made the bike for me. My knees feel so much better.
2020 Zero SR/F
2019 KTM Duke 390
2014 Yamaha FJR1300
2006 Honda 919

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 06:13:14 PM »

I too did this upgrade a couple of years ago, and it does make a big difference for such a small change.  I also added a bar riser that moved the bars up and forward a little over an inch, that made another big difference for me.  I was able to add the riser with no changes to cables (they had enough slack).  I did both changes around the same time, and the combination works great for me.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

opengl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 03:45:32 AM »

I too did this upgrade a couple of years ago, and it does make a big difference for such a small change.  I also added a bar riser that moved the bars up and forward a little over an inch, that made another big difference for me.  I was able to add the riser with no changes to cables (they had enough slack).  I did both changes around the same time, and the combination works great for me.

Steve

Which risers did you use?
2020 Zero SR/F
2019 KTM Duke 390
2014 Yamaha FJR1300
2006 Honda 919

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 03:59:03 AM »

Dunno about stevenh but I did the footpegs & riser job too and it's made a world of difference - the risers I used were from Pro-Brake Gmbh. (part: VL1093-SW, ~€50)

Cas :)

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 07:14:26 PM »

Steve

Which risers did you use?

"ROX SPEED FX Barback Risers with Angled" from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07371KRZR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).  I purchased these in 2019, looks like they are still available.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

theoutsider

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2023, 12:25:56 AM »

I also did the riser upgrade using the Rox offset risers. Unfortunately the bars kept rotating when I put weight on the bars while I'm mounting and dismounting the bike, so I had to take them off. I ended up using a less expensive set that seem to be keeping the bars from rotating. Since I'm fairly short (5' 8.5") and want a more upright riding position, I have the risers pull the bars in towards me by about an inch and it feels great, especially in conjunction with the lowered foot position.

These are the risers I used: https://www.cyclegear.com/parts/zeta-1-18-offset-handlebar-risers?sku_id=1784961

Yeah, they're not black to match the rest of the bike, but I don't mind much. The screws they included are kind of soft, so be careful not to strip them.
2022 Zero SR
Pages: [1]