• March 28, 2024, 10:35:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Installed SR/F bar risers and MRA Vario Touring Screen  (Read 936 times)

droffsite

• View Profile
Installed SR/F bar risers and MRA Vario Touring Screen
« on: January 06, 2021, 12:37:38 AM »

Ordered the Rox 1 1/2" Barback Risers For 1 1/8" Bars risers (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rox-1-12-barback-risers-for-1-18-bars) and MRA Vario Touring screen with universal mount kit (http://www.accessoryinternational.com/product/mra-variotouringscreen-style-vtnb-windshield.html). No affiliation with either site or vendor, just trying to make getting part numbers easier.

Installation of the risers was easy. The windscreen wasn't bad, just requires a bit of tweaking to get things where I wanted them.

Risers:
  • Cut the two zip ties off the cables coming from the handlbars.
  • Remove the handlebar clamp mount bolts.
  • Move the handlebars out of the way.
  • Put the risers in place, ensuring they move the bar the direction you want (back in my case). Tighten to 19 lb·ft (26 Nm).
  • Put the bar in the risers. There are some lines on the bottom center of the bar that will help get it centered. Check the rotation (mine were a bit forward when I first put things back together).
  • Either reuse the stock handlebar clamp or the ones provided by Rox. I used the Rox clamps because I wanted to mount my Beeline in the center. Either way, tighten to 19 lb·ft (26 Nm).
Along with the lowered pegs (https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=10741.0), quite a bit more comfortable riding position. Still sporty but less cramped.

Windscreen:
  • Attach the arms to the windscreen taking care to orient the mount against the screen correctly (you'll want the hex bolt closer to the center: no room for the wrench on the other side). No torque specs provided, so I went with the 1 Nm/mm of fastener guideline from cycling (4 in this case). But only snug at this point.
  • Put the mounts on the bars. Not a lot of room to play with on stock bars; I did the best I could. 5 mm (5 Nm) in this case, but again, just snug for now.
  • Insert the arms into the mounts and wiggle away. The instructions suggest having the screen at the same angle as the forks. I think I'm in that ballpark. Just make sure the screen doesn't hit the little black stock fairing or the brake reservoir mount.
  • Use as many hands as you have to keep things in place while tightening the fasteners.
Wind blast to the chest at highway speeds is eliminated. More wind around the helmet now (I'm 6'0"), but not that bad. Still playing with the deflector to see what works best.

droffsite

• View Profile
Re: Installed SR/F bar risers and MRA Vario Touring Screen
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 12:38:29 AM »

Couple more pictures. Separate post due to attachment size limit.

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 03:29:36 AM »

Thank you for taking the time to make this post, pictures and procedures. The past few months I did just like you on my SR/F, but with a MRA Highway. I appreciate not killing anymore bugs on my jacket and the wind coming on the helmet is smooth enough. I am 6 Feet, 2 Inches, and didn't feel the need of a bar riser but I am enjoying the lowered pegs as well. Now I can't wait for the temperature to return into my comfort zone ;D.
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 12:47:36 AM »

Thanks for sharing! Were all wires on the handlebars long enough? Did you not put the tiewraps back to gain some there?
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

droffsite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 01:12:09 AM »

The wires were just long enough. I had to convince the brake line to go around the top of the fork, but that was no big deal (and only because I wasn’t paying attention when I tightened the bar clamps).

I did put two new ties on each side.

ricku425

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 02:13:04 AM »

I'm 6'4" and the SR/F is juuuust a wee bit scrunchy for me. I'm currently installing the lower pegs, and am also considering a handlebar mod. Why did you opt for installing risers instead of installing the SR/S handle bars?

droffsite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 03:14:14 AM »

The risers were marginally less expensive and didn't require taking all the bar bits off and putting them back on.

So, parsimony and laziness, I suppose.

ricku425

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 03:26:38 AM »

I can get behind that  ;D

Thanks for the reply!

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 07:59:55 PM »

I've done the same with the Rox riser and the SR/S foot-pegs.  I really like the ride difference.  I've given up on a windscreen.  I've tried several and just don't like the extra noise I pick up at the helmet, I tried a bunch of different heights and deflectors and just never found a good result for me.  I'm just going to live with the wind at the chest in favor of quiet airflow around my helmet.  I'm 6'1.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
Pages: [1]