• April 25, 2024, 10:26:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Building a '21 Fx 5kw Fast Charger with rectifiers, Need advice!  (Read 377 times)

Tembrant

• View Profile

Here's a rough concept diagram, And here's my hopeful order of operations on things:

J1772 connects- Onboard charger/rectifiers energize
Onboard charger opens contacts
Both onboard and Rectifiers charge battery
rectifiers voltage limit is 112v total, Charges to ~90% soc
Onboard continues to 100%
  or
Seperate C-13 connects- Just onboard charger energizes/charges

Here is a link to the data sheet of the V1000A's Id like to use
http://www.dz98.com/wjj-pdf/v2500a.pdf

Time for questions, I'm barely a freshman Electrical engineer! First time playing with AC
J1772: Do i need authentication circuitry, or will a generic adapter work well enough for most chargers?
Separate C-13: How do i not make this a finger destroyer when a J1772 is connected, Is there an AC rated Y switch i can use?
Rectifiers: Will they actually do what I want them to do with no programming(other than setting max V) (giving 20a*2 continuously up to 112v, not damaging batteries)
                Will they suffer damage as the onboard charger raises the voltage to 116? Should I add a low current cut off?
Onboard: Will this freak the hell out at the rectifiers charging alongside it?
               Will it finish charging to 100% if the rectifiers are still outputting 112v?
ACC charge port: Do i need the 100k? resistor on the signal pins to keep contactors open, or is that job already done with the Onboard being energized?
Wiring: Should i add seperate breakers for each pigtail C-13 to each rectifier, or single one after the J-1772?
And any other cheap used rectifiers you would recommend different?

This would be a system permanently installed on the back of the bike, but easily removed with the only two connections being the bikes C-13 and anderson ACC port
Will probably make the case with Aluminum angle and sheet

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Building a '21 Fx 5kw Fast Charger with rectifiers, Need advice!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 12:46:20 PM »

You will need to enable the station with 1.3kOhm and 2.7kOhm resistors. The onboard sends the charge command through CAN so you do not need to use the enable pins as long as the onboard is engaged. I wouldn't mount anything to the bike that isn't water and vibration resistant. The rear of the FX is ... notoriously bouncy.
Pages: [1]