• March 29, 2024, 12:23:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero App- Ver 2.2.4(100)- Unable to record Ride Capture  (Read 332 times)

Familyman1

• View Profile
Zero App- Ver 2.2.4(100)- Unable to record Ride Capture
« on: February 05, 2021, 11:57:22 PM »

Hi

I have had a difficult time capturing Ride capture on my iPhone. I have no problems with bluetooth. I am able to start the ride share capture, but as soon as I put up the kickstand or hip the motor stop switch I get a motorcycle armed message
telling me to unlock app functionality. I reverse the process, but I am unable to remove the message and see the information. I have  had to close the app and start over, but when I do that, the ride capture shows 0 data.

I was hoping someone with more experience would be able to help. When I first purchased the bike a few months ago, I was able to look at the data. It may have been firmware 17. I had the same issue with 18 and now 19

thanks in advance

jonblow

• View Profile
Re: Zero App- Ver 2.2.4(100)- Unable to record Ride Capture
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 05:04:08 PM »

I’ve also had a lot of issues with this app. When I first bought my srf in 2019 it worked brilliantly.
Now the list of things it won’t do is growing, it won’t even show state of charge remotely now which I think is a basic requirement of the app.
Does anybody have full functionality of the app at all?

Hans2183

• View Profile
Re: Zero App- Ver 2.2.4(100)- Unable to record Ride Capture
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 12:17:43 AM »

That screen you show is what I get when I'm connected using Bluetooth but have the bike armed. So killswitch and sidestand both in the right position to ride. The green live icon showing in the top left corner of the dash.

I only used the ride recording feature in the beginning 2 or 3 times. The only real benefit is that you get the torque and consumption values. But once the app just failed to record and I gave up on it.

For lean angle and speed on a map you can use the free yamaha my ride app. That one you also have to hit start and stop before and after the ride.

I use my own app now that relies on the data shared from bike to cloud. So no need to hit start or stop. But it also doesn't include speed or other details. Just position plotted on map. The soc value and other details you get with each api request are just the current values, not the history ones.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---
Pages: [1]