• April 24, 2024, 06:17:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fault Code 27 12V low voltage  (Read 532 times)

Familyman1

• View Profile
Fault Code 27 12V low voltage
« on: February 17, 2021, 10:40:51 PM »

Hello

hoping to get some advice. I have a 202 SR/S and went to check the bike today. we have no electricity the last few days and it was 30ish F in the garage. When I started the bike, I received  a  Fault code 27.

Is there anything I need to do or watch out for?,  I'm not sure how to charge the circuit if it won't start.  My SOC has remained steady at 62%. Using firmware 19

Appreciate the help. I am a novice and still learning

Thank you

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: Fault Code 27 12V low voltage
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 05:04:01 AM »

Googling that, I get '12v battery low'.  Your tiny accessory battery may not have liked the cold, or it got stuck in a transmit mode and drained it.
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Gen3/Error_Codes

You probably just need to warm the accessory battery back up, if its heater turned off, it will produce low voltage until it wakes up.
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/FST_Platform/12V_Battery

I don't see how to get to it, but the manual says you can get to the tabs.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

SkyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 11:32:21 PM »

I get that error pretty much every day on my SR/F.
I use the bike about 4 times a week on a 60mile (96km) round trip so the 12v battery is definitely getting the chance to charge up - whether it is charging properly I can't say.
It's probably something that I should take the bike into the dealers for, but since I've had the warning for last 3 months and the bike's still running, I'm gonna risk it ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 10:54:01 PM by SkyYeti »
2022 Zero SR/F Premium

Familyman1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 11:10:10 PM »

That you both for the help. I've had the bike out a few times and the error hasn't returned. Maybe it was related  to how cold the garage was?  35ish ??

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 04:36:34 PM »

Just a quick note on warming the 12V battery up. The bike has that feature built in and I have seen that working a few times on my own when I was riding and stopping (which I try not to when cold) in below 0C temperatures. Then when powering the bike back on I get a warning on the bottom of the dash and the bike won't go live. It takes around a minute and then it goes away and you can use the bike. The error clearly states that it's heating up the battery. I you want I can look up some footage.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---
Pages: [1]