• April 26, 2024, 04:45:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Random clock change  (Read 861 times)

princec

• View Profile
Random clock change
« on: June 07, 2021, 03:00:19 PM »

The other day, my SRF decided to randomly change the time on the clock. Presumably if there's a date in there it randomly changed that too.
I haven't figured out how to set it back again yet, but in the meantime, has anybody ever seen this before? It is a particularly bizarre thing to occur.

Cas :)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Random clock change
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 08:12:11 PM »

I have a battery-powered LCD clock at home that connects to a satellite and keeps very accurate time. But every now and then it just goes haywire and the month, year and time zone will suddenly change to a completely wrong time. When that happens I have to push a button on the back and get its little radar icon pulsing, put it near a window and a short time later the clock will correct itself and everything will go back to normal again. Could the SR/F time be getting a signal over the internet or from a satellite and becoming confused for some reason? Maybe there is a button that needs to be pushed to get it to sync up to the correct time again?

All of my ICE motorcycles with electronic displays have a setting in the system that will allow you to set the date and time, but sometimes that setting is hidden away in one of the many display options and not all that easy to locate. My BMW 1200RS comes to mind. Twice a year when the time changes I have to fight my way through the various options to locate the time adjustment feature and then try to figure out how to make my time adjustment actually stick when I exit the program.  :( Twice a year that makes my blood pressure rise.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ELEC_CRAZY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 08:49:33 PM »

HI
I didn't read all your answer, but few times that I had moist at my dash (FX2014) I opened it to fix and there is backup battery like
BIOS in PC.. maybe this is your problem...

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 03:31:21 AM »

The other day, my SRF decided to randomly change the time on the clock. Presumably if there's a date in there it randomly changed that too.
I haven't figured out how to set it back again yet, but in the meantime, has anybody ever seen this before? It is a particularly bizarre thing to occur.

Do you have auto time sync enabled on your dash? You can find that in the settings. If you do and you've registered the bike it can update from the cellular. Usually it does weird things around daylight savings time. If you disable time sync, I think you can change it via the dash. If you have it on and you manually set the time it will overwrite it whenever it feels like it.

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 04:16:51 AM »

I did find the date & time settings in the dash. It had changed its date to 2019 sometime, probably its date of manufacture.
I think auto sync time was turned on. Next time it happens I'll look at it a bit more closely.

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 02:24:24 AM »

Yes, my 2020 SR/S has changed its displayed time at least twice since I owned it. At first I tried turning off the Auto Time Sync, thinking it had gotten some bad info somewhere. That didn't work and the next time it randomly changed the time I turned it back on.

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 08:54:03 PM »

Same happened to me, network sync is disabled.
2019 Zero S 11kw - 2020 SR/S

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 09:30:00 PM »

Hey ho, another artifact of Zero's amazing firmware programming then :)

Ca s:)

rgutt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 06:43:31 PM »

Just to pile on, I've got a 2021 SR purchased barely 6 months ago, and the dash clock has never kept the right time. Every time I start it up, which is pretty much every day since it's my daily driver, the clock is at a different incorrect time.

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 09:01:38 AM »

My 2020 SRS has changed to the incorrect time maybe 3 or 4 occasions since Sept 2020 when I bought it, and also it has changed the date a few times as well. It was not associated with firmware updates, but just a thing that happens. Of the two, the date issue is much more annoying. The time is visible so I can see if a change happened, but the date is not on the main screen, and sometimes has caused the bike to charge when I don't want it to, or not charge when I want it to. I rely very much on the scheduled charging to preserve the battery and if it thinks its the wrong day it might not do the right thing.
Pages: [1]