• April 28, 2024, 12:59:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wanted: Zero electronics  (Read 3257 times)

atomicdog

• View Profile
Wanted: Zero electronics
« on: September 10, 2021, 10:41:36 AM »

I'm interested in taking apart/hacking some of the electronic modules of Zero motorcycles.
Rather not do too much to my 2021 SR/S for now though. So, if anyone has some broken or working modules there willing to sell I'd like to buy some.
Mainly interested in the MBB, Instrument Cluster, and Zadi e-lock key modules.
23' SR/S

Soop518

• View Profile
Re: Wanted: Zero electronics
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 04:15:28 AM »

Hi, I have a 2013 Zero S but the controller is defective. Hollywood Electric says I need a new one.
Are you interested in purchasing my bike?
If not, would you know how I could get an after market one or find someone who would fix it?
Thank you David in Los Angeles.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 02:53:44 PM »

I'm in the UK and in a similar position. I'm an electronics hobbyist and I'd be happy to hack around with the Zero electronics, but don't want to damage a working SR/F when spares are expensive and hard to get.

When my FXS was written off (by a hairline crack in a non load bearing frame lug) I was hoping they'd let me buy it back, but it went to a breakers yard to have the frame destroyed and I never saw it again.  :(
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

atomicdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 09:20:32 AM »

Hi, I have a 2013 Zero S but the controller is defective. Hollywood Electric says I need a new one.
Are you interested in purchasing my bike?
If not, would you know how I could get an after market one or find someone who would fix it?
Thank you David in Los Angeles.
Hi,
I'm just looking for electronics so don't want to by the whole bike. Here or Facebook is probable your best bet for finding one.
If the 2013's aren't potted/sealed then I could take a look at it.
23' SR/S

MarshallED

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 11:33:05 PM »

Hello all, I know this is a year old post, but i have a surplus of Zero Electronics from my local dealership.
I have about 10 6.6kw modules total, some were paired for the 14.4 sr/f and a few are off of monoblock FX/FXS.
I have multiple BMS boards and wiring harnesses for both drive trains. If anyone is interested I would be willing to let some go for low, since this stuff is taking up my storage unit. (Climate Controlled)

jhaggerty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023, 03:32:02 AM »

Why is this thread stickied?

Alan. Yes THAT Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2023, 02:16:26 AM »

Why is this thread stickied?
That's a good question. It doesn't seem to be any different from the other classified ads.

DynoMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 07:21:13 AM »

I'm in NY, less than 100 miles north of NYC

I have a 2014 Zero SR that is fully bricked after getting caught in a rainstorm this year. It has about 13kmi on it.

Doesn't power up, doesn't light up.  This is after the headlight stayed on for almost a week on its own with the key switched off.

It also has a custom Corbin saddle that should fit on any 2013-style Zero frame motorcycle as far as I know.

I think it'd be a great parts bike for a 2013+ Zero S, SR, or RS.

I'd like $2k for it, pickup from its home address, but be aware there are no guarantees and it does not function, no lights, fully bricked.  It may just be a fuse, it may be the contactor malfunctioning, it may be a harness, it may be a whole board shot, who knows?

I'll throw in the external 96 (brown anderson) charger I have with the whole thing, as well as the original saddle from Zero.

Any takers?
Pages: [1]