Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

2011 zero ds upgrade to sur Ron battery help

(1/1)

zero jim:
I have a 2011 with low battery everything else seems to be working fine.
The range is something like 12 miles and little groan heard from controller when under load.

I bought a sur ron X battery to replace the original zero battery.
 and slowly gathering sur Ron parts (motor controller harness) since most of the parts for these older zeros are not available and not supported.

For now I have the battery installed diagonally in the original location with connection at the right rear.'

Last night I started the connection process *(not working yet) and did not short anything out.

With the original battery installed and BMS connected-when you power on the bike, there's a short voltage of 58v think it's to charge the controller then it drops to about 9v. The 9v is for the throttle from what I have read.

I read somewhere on a forum that a guy simulated the throttle power with a 9v battery. I tried this with a fuse but it did not work.
It gave an error message and no response. I also tried with a fuse the full 60v to the two wires and no reaction but flashing  code think was 8 flashes which is "throttle response from bus inactive"

Fortunately my lizard brain did not burn up the motherboard which is no longer available. I reconnected the original battery/bms and works except of course with it's low battery.

I'm thinking of making a timed circuit to simulate the original BMS.
It would first give the 60v then drops to 9v after 2 seconds. I would use the power on to enable it.
timing module with one relay terminal NO timed for the 60v for 2 seconds and one NC to buck converter power supply the 9v to throttle.
seems like allot but might work.

Gosh if there's an easier way to bypass this let me know. My other option is buying the molicels online and rebuilding the original zero one battery pack which I really didn't want to do since the rest of the components are super obsolete.

will try to post some pictures later

zero jim:
Side view
Anderson connector for bike side
6 gauge wire nickle plated small strands flexible
Supra x connectors for sur ron battery
Pro D6 supra X 8-10 gauge
Part number 201120234309.9
Ebay, audio shop for wire

mfabricator:
 Did you get this sorted out? Since there is no support for the older bikes I chose to scrap the oem bms and mbb (whatever that is) and go with proven aftermarket parts that have diagrams and support. I can give a list if needed.

stanelie:
Hello.

I'm interested, as I am facing a similar issue with my battery rebuild project.

Thanks!

DarenH:

--- Quote from: mfabricator on April 01, 2022, 07:11:04 AM --- Did you get this sorted out? Since there is no support for the older bikes I chose to scrap the oem bms and mbb (whatever that is) and go with proven aftermarket parts that have diagrams and support. I can give a list if needed.

--- End quote ---

I know this is an old post but I scrapped the whole inside of the battery box and just have one issue. How do you get the battery level to work on the instrument panel?

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version