Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

Who Killed Alta?

(1/2) > >>

Richard230:
This video by FortNine attempts to explain what killed Alta electric motorcycles: 

Fran K:
That is pretty amazing 134,000 views and it is dated yesterday,  It was high in the 132,xxx when I watched it a short while ago. He has 1.3 million followers.  1333 comments the first 20 or so are all of his cheering gallery, no one pointing out errors in the presentation.

Minute 4:55 about the brake on the handlebar.  There was discussion anout that for a long time before it became possible, and how many bikes out to the 1000 produced left the factory lhrb?

Richard you smelled problems when the price was drastically reduced.

We sure could use a bit more information about some sort of confidentality agreement to not discuss this issue.  Didn't they drop their origional investors in some way? 

Sure an exectric dirt bike has quite good traction control until the point the wheel breaks loose.  Wonder if he has actually rode a trials bike and an Alta.

Ok so they got the Straight rythm to let them play in the 250 class and did good, but what about next year they didn't do as well did they still in the same class.

100 employees and 1000 bikes using suspention parts from I will call it the KTM group for simplicity.

Their dealers did not help a lot either told me a price take it or leave it and then I find out preferred folks got it for $2000 less.   Then all the added fees and not doing deliver it across state lines to avoid sales tax to a state I don't live in.

Fran K:
Not really applicable to this thread.  It is my understanding that Alta gave a thumb drive with the owners manual with the bike.  They did put the owners manual out on the internet for download.  I have a file that is 4783kb if some members want a copy I think it could be sent to an email address.  Conversely if someone has the parts sheet or illustrated parts listing I will be happy to provide an email address to send it to.

I put a link to a no music, no scenery discussion about Both the Stark and the Alta in another thread on here

reply #39   https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=11551.msg109820#msg109820

ultratoad:
The Alta was a very high quality and capable moto bike.  I even thought the price (high) was justified based on all of the R & D the mighty little company did.  I test rode the Supermoto model on the streets of SF courtesy of SF BMW which was a dealer at the time-- what a rush.  I was all set to buy one when the bottom fell out.  Very sad story, top notch engineering gone to waste.  AND FortNine is right as usual....

Richtea:

--- Quote from: ultratoad on February 20, 2022, 11:17:36 PM ---The Alta was a very high quality and capable moto bike.  I even thought the price (high) was justified based on all of the R & D the mighty little company did.  I test rode the Supermoto model on the streets of SF courtesy of SF BMW which was a dealer at the time-- what a rush.  I was all set to buy one when the bottom fell out.  Very sad story, top notch engineering gone to waste.  AND FortNine is right as usual....

--- End quote ---

I'd say Fortnine isn't always right:

He is always entertaining though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version