Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

Anyone with 8-12 year old Zero and uses it daily? (in 2022)

(1/3) > >>

T.S. Zarathustra:
There should now be enough Zero motorcycles that have passed (or are about to pass) the 10 year mark, that there should be lot of real life experience on how long the bikes and specially batteries really last in the real world. I'm mostly interested in status of 2010-2015 models.

If you have one and regularly use it:
What's your range?
What's the discharge curve like? (linear, goes from nearly full to empty in 10 miles, shows half a charge after 10 miles but can ride for a long time)
How long does it take to charge?
What have been your biggest issues?
What year is your bike?

Please share also if you've had zero issues.

Edit. I'm not writing a report or anything. I'm interested in actual real life feasibility (range, cost, reliability, maintenance, etc) of owning (or purchasing) battery equipped motorcycles long term for general users.

Richard230:
Don't forget that the entire the 2012 S and DS production was recalled by Zero in 2018 due to the possibility of catching fire when being recharged. That was why I gave my daughter my 2014 model when her 2012 S was recalled and bought back by Zero.

Moto7575:
My mother still rides my 2011 Zero XU bike. had some issues in the beginning (insulation, plastics,...) but it has been fine since then, with some mechanical changes (shock absorber - thanks af1racing !). Bike's serial is 44

T.S. Zarathustra:

--- Quote from: Richard230 on October 08, 2022, 06:06:29 AM ---Don't forget that the entire the 2012 S and DS production was recalled by Zero in 2018 due to the possibility of catching fire when being recharged. That was why I gave my daughter my 2014 model when her 2012 S was recalled and bought back by Zero.

--- End quote ---

Lot of bikes of that age, that come for sale here, mention having an updated (bigger) battery as some sort of special upgrade offer from Zero.

Richard230:

--- Quote from: T.S. Zarathustra on October 08, 2022, 05:21:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Richard230 on October 08, 2022, 06:06:29 AM ---Don't forget that the entire the 2012 S and DS production was recalled by Zero in 2018 due to the possibility of catching fire when being recharged. That was why I gave my daughter my 2014 model when her 2012 S was recalled and bought back by Zero.

--- End quote ---

Lot of bikes of that age, that come for sale here, mention having an updated (bigger) battery as some sort of special upgrade offer from Zero.

--- End quote ---

I don't believe that is the case for the 2012 models. They were all recalled for safety reasons and Zero would never continue to support them. No doubt a few escaped the crusher, but if so I haven't heard of any.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version