• April 29, 2024, 04:00:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Is your CCM working?  (Read 3193 times)

Mooseman

• View Profile
Is your CCM working?
« on: November 16, 2022, 11:18:23 PM »

Hi all, I am having issues with the cellular connectivity module (CCM). It started earlier this year after I installed an update (I don't recall which one). I had the bike at a dealer in Lakefield, ON and despite me going there twice to have the issue resolved, they were unable to help. The CCM got replaced during the first visit but still wouldn't work so I had to go to have it "initiated" (whatever that means) but still no dice.

I decided to bring the bike to another dealer in St. Eustache, QC and although I initially had a good feeling that they would be able to fix the problem, I'm now losing confidence that this will ever happen.

I called them after a week to inquire about the status of the repair and was told it's working now but it turned out it still doesn't work. I uninstalled the Zero NextGen app, re-installed it, no success. Also the ZeNGo app doesn't connect to the bike. Zero implied that the CCM is the problem since they haven't seen any connection attempts from the bike in months either.

Anyway, so the dealer told me the problem is likely the software. I'm not sure if he's referring to the MBB/BMS software or the app.

If that was accurate, neither one of us would be able to connect to the bike via the CCM (this is explicitly NOT about the Bluetooth connection which works fine).

What is everybody's situation? Can you see the current SoC in your app while the bike is keyed off and/or more than 20 metres away? If you respond, please include vehicle, year, MBB/BMS, phone OS and app version.

In my case that's:
Bike: 2021 SR/S with power tank
MBB/BMS: unknown, bike is at the dealer and I have no access
Phone OS: Android 12
Zero NextGen app version: 2.7

2014 BMW K1600GT
2020 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
2021 Zero piece of iron that doesn't work and can't be repaired

themonsterit

• View Profile
Re: Is your CCM working?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 01:04:30 AM »

I have the same problem, SR/F MY2020 MBB27 MBS21 latest android app, but i think it's not relevant since you can check online data with zengo apps or browser

disconnect 12v battery, my ccm will work until you ride the bike, than it will die until the next 12v power disconnection.
there is a service recall
https://dot.report/bulletins/10216888
but dealer report is only for usa bikes....
anyway my ccm  is fw_ver,  2020.4.16, you can read with diagnostic serial cable.

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 08:02:01 AM »

I will take a look and get back to you soon.  2020 SRS, Galaxy S10

zeronimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 01:32:43 PM »

same problem for me since the beginning of 2022 following a breakdown due to water.
2 high voltage bars have been changed but the cellular connection recovers by disconnecting, reconnecting the 12 volt battery.

SR/S MY2021 MBB27 MBS21 ios app iphone 14 pro max

and to say that it worked not too badly before it broke down grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
and out of the question to bring it back to the very bad dealer.
I plan to drop it off and inspect it soon....
sébastien

honda prelude 1994
bmw 1200RT 2006
Zéro sr/s full options 2021

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 04:40:11 PM »

I bought my SR/F in November 2019. I have had a couple of months without connectivity in 2020, but this was again working after a firmware update. I get the most important information, SoC and time to charge target, but the notifications have always been a hit and miss thing.

I once read that CCM was becoming subject to a fee after two years. In my case that is 2 years and 11 months already. I guess they could use their Cypher store for that, at some future point.
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125

morpheus74

• SRF 2020 (DS'14, DSR'16 and FX'15 before)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 08:00:25 PM »

I have the same problem, SR/F MY2020 MBB27 MBS21 latest android app, but i think it's not relevant since you can check online data with zengo apps or browser

disconnect 12v battery, my ccm will work until you ride the bike, than it will die until the next 12v power disconnection.
there is a service recall
https://dot.report/bulletins/10216888
but dealer report is only for usa bikes....
anyway my ccm  is fw_ver,  2020.4.16, you can read with diagnostic serial cable.

Exactly the same for me
the bike is in dealer (Toulouse/France) today, and a guy from Zero should inspect it again ...
I hope having news this evening
Zero Fan .. SRF 2020 & DSR 2016

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2022, 10:12:06 PM »

I experimented to be sure before replying. If my bike is keyed on, or on a charger whether charging or on a time delay, Remote Connectivity shows its location, if its charging or not, and SOC. If not on or plugged, Remote Connectivity has the appearance of working in the app, but shows the data from when it was last on, or plugged. As an example when I arrived home last night it had 22% SOC.  I walked out in the street well out of BT distance and Remote Connected. It showed 22. My bike typically shows around 10% higher after sitting for a few minutes after my ride home. I waited a half hour, Remote Connected again... still 22. Then I keyed the bike on with no BT conn on the phone, observed it was now 33, keyed it back off, walked out into the street, and tried a 3rd time. Still shows 22. Then for my final test, keyed the bike on, while. BT is off on phone of course, went out to the street location, and Remoted. Now it showed 33 on the app.
I have 25 and 20 as firmware versions and the latest app.
To my recollection, my cellular conn has always worked ( or not?) in that manner.
The text messages it is supposed to send randomly dont arrive and are seldom timely, so I ignore them. It might tell me my "charging was interrupted" minutes, hours, or a day after the event or not at all.

Edit I dont know for sure if being connected to a charger makes it update in RC. Thats something I assumed. Im going to experiment with that next.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 10:19:30 PM by 2020_SRS_Commuter »

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2022, 10:41:14 PM »

My bike uploads its data to the cloud also when turned off and unplugged. It is parked in an underground garage where I mostly do not get any connectivity. Mostly because the screenshot I uploaded with my previous message proved that it had nonetheless manage to connect this morning.
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125

Mooseman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2022, 12:08:00 AM »

Thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate your input. Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem. That doesn't make it any better and I will push for the dealer to buy back the bike if they can't fix it. It's bad enough that the cellular connection doesn't work, but since they aren't able to fix things within a day, I'd potentially be paying hundreds of dollars on insurance while the bike is at the shop all summer long. I have zero confidence (<- see what I did there?) that they are able to fix a real problem that prevents me from using the bike if one occurs. I really wanted to like this bike but the manufacturer is about as incompetent as can be. I just don't want to do business with a company that doesn't understand their own product and basically ignores their customers.
2014 BMW K1600GT

morpheus74

• SRF 2020 (DS'14, DSR'16 and FX'15 before)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 03:09:34 AM »

News from my dealer this evening : the zero guys decide to change the CCM.
I will take back my bike tomorrow and they will change the CCM when it will be available at dealer.
Zero Fan .. SRF 2020 & DSR 2016

Mooseman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2022, 04:17:19 AM »

Good luck. Please let us know if they succeed and how long it took them to fix the problem.
2014 BMW K1600GT

ms_smart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2022, 04:41:45 PM »

I also got a new CCM. For me it was easy to proof to Zero, that the CCM wais bad. I accessed the Zero MBB Console. This is what I got

ZERO MBB>
*                       CCM Data                            *
  UTC_time: Mon, 01/01/2007 00:00:00
                           Parameter,      Value,    In Test
                       last_packet_s,        116,          0
                      last_packet_ms,        176,          0
                             unit_id,          0,          0
                              fw_ver,   2000.0.0,          0
                          fw_ver_raw,       0x00,          0
                              hw_ver,          0,          0

Whats interesting: UTC time is off. I guess this translates to time 0. firmware version is also off. I also think this is just all 000.
If you are in doubt if your CCM modul works I would recommend to read the CCM data from the MBB console.

zeronimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2022, 11:29:30 PM »

I also got a new CCM. For me it was easy to proof to Zero, that the CCM wais bad. I accessed the Zero MBB Console. This is what I got

ZERO MBB>
*                       CCM Data                            *
  UTC_time: Mon, 01/01/2007 00:00:00
                           Parameter,      Value,    In Test
                       last_packet_s,        116,          0
                      last_packet_ms,        176,          0
                             unit_id,          0,          0
                              fw_ver,   2000.0.0,          0
                          fw_ver_raw,       0x00,          0
                              hw_ver,          0,          0

Whats interesting: UTC time is off. I guess this translates to time 0. firmware version is also off. I also think this is just all 000.
If you are in doubt if your CCM modul works I would recommend to read the CCM data from the MBB console.

Hello
can you tell us how you access all this data?
sébastien

honda prelude 1994
bmw 1200RT 2006

ms_smart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2022, 05:00:33 PM »

The data was read through the OBD2 port with a simple adapter cable. Useful links:
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/How_to_build_a_cable_to_access_the_MBB
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Gen3/MBB_Console

zeronimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 03:15:19 PM »

thanks ms- smart
sébastien

honda prelude 1994
bmw 1200RT 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3