• April 29, 2024, 02:08:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: So you stacked the bike and have some damage - what do you do for handlebars ?  (Read 1061 times)

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support

Loving the country roads in Australia and have ridden gravel and many water crossings with Livewire with no issue. At the end one caught me out as it had to many warning signs. Going to slowly through a slippery water crossing had me just fall over with the bike. Enough the sreiourslu bend the handlebars, make the front brake mushy and scratch some other bits and pieces.
Aside of having the cosmetics addressed, I want to get back riding ASAP. Seems it it is hard to get either original or potentially better after market bars for the LW.
Will enventually source all the other bits but has anyone a generic product number so I can order either HD or after market replacement?

Harley dealer in Sydney not helpful at all.....
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto

ADVENTURESonZERO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

So I bent my handlebars as well riding off road. I ordered a new handle bar and will weld a crossbar onto it. I didn't dig too much into finding a different handlebar size, but I'm sure there are some aftermarket bars that would fit.

ADVENTURESonZERO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

welded the bars
Pages: [1]