Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

2010 Zero S Not charging

(1/1)

zap mc:
Just fitted a new battery pack ( after Nissan leaf packs blowing up and failing, not sure why) and now the DeltaQ charger won’t charge the bike ( tried 2 and both the same, straight to red light not even going up the 4 bar scale or to the 80% mark )
Voltage good at 52v so not under or over voltage, BMS does a single check beep self diagnosis when connected.
Stand switch is disabled
The bike powers on and actually moves but has the small red “warning LED” on permanent red 🤔
Want to know how to check the interlock function and try fooling the system. Is it a 5V negative feed to the interlock wire ?
What happens then? Does that make the BMS or MBB send a signal back to the charger to initiate charging ?
Any help or ideas appreciated

DonTom:

--- Quote from: zap mc on May 10, 2023, 02:37:05 PM ---Just fitted a new battery pack ( after Nissan leaf packs blowing up and failing, not sure why) and now the DeltaQ charger won’t charge the bike ( tried 2 and both the same, straight to red light not even going up the 4 bar scale or to the 80% mark )
Voltage good at 52v so not under or over voltage, BMS does a single check beep self diagnosis when connected.
Stand switch is disabled
The bike powers on and actually moves but has the small red “warning LED” on permanent red 🤔
Want to know how to check the interlock function and try fooling the system. Is it a 5V negative feed to the interlock wire ?
What happens then? Does that make the BMS or MBB send a signal back to the charger to initiate charging ?
Any help or ideas appreciated

--- End quote ---
I am not sure how the older ones work, but the newer DeltaQ's require a very complicated low frequency unsymmetrical waveform that will be very difficult to reproduce. Use a scope to see it. Years ago, I posted the info. here in this forum, but I cannot now find that message. IIRC, the signal originates from the bike and is required by the DeltaQ to turn on.

The DeltaQs are not simple to activate and cannot be done with DC.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Specter:
DonTom, for those who still may remember the old NTSC days.  A sandcastle generator might work for that.

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version