Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2013+

Zero Next Gen App v2.9.0

(1/2) > >>

karlh:
Version 2.9.0 of the Zero Next Gen app is available on the Play Store, although my phone still runs v2.8.2 and an update has not yet shown up.  One notable change with v2.9.0 is "discontinuing the beta feature for turn-by-turn navigation."  If you use this feature with v2.8.2 you may not want to update.

princec:
Predictably my SRF failed in the middle of its latest firmware update, and now will no longer connect to my phone's bluetooth. Again.

Cas :)

theoutsider:
Zero had me uninstall the legacy app and reinstall it from the Play Store. Note that the older version's Cypher Store was broken. If you want to buy anything now, you have to upgrade.

2020_SRS_Commuter:
My app was the older version, but going to google store would not offer an upgrade to 2.9
While thinking about it, I decided to see if I could solve why I never receive notifications.
In ZNG's menu within the app,  it was set to send all. But in Apps in androids app menu, it was set to disable, and the slider would not move.

So, I deleted the app, installed the new version, 2.9, and set it all up. The results are the same. Can't enable notifications within Androids app menu, but if I open ZNG itself and look at its menu, it's set to send all.

2020_SRS_Commuter:
Also while Im on the subject of firmware, I used to have endless problems trying to update firmware through the app.
I learned a couple days ago about setting the mobile networks my phone uses. It was set to "Global" by default, so they were NSA types. I excluded Global, and set it to 5G, LTE etc so my shown networks were now LTE. When I tried a firmware update after that, same bike, same place, same way, the updates both went through on the first try with no problems. Maybe it had nothing to do with it, and its just luck, or maybe it was the new app 2.9 vs before, but its something you could try if you had bad luck with updates like I did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version