Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2013+

Living with error codes, 2021 S

(1/1)

SteveA:
About 13 months ago my 2021 Zero S started showing error codes https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=12348.msg116608#msg116608, so it went back to the dealer for a new DC-DC converter, MBB and motor controller. This solved it for a few months before it went back again for a new loom, fortunately still under warranty.
More recently I have seen the same fault codes come back (0020 & 0028) after riding in heavier rain, but they seem to go away after a time, presumably after drying out. Has anyone else ended up just deciding to live with intermittent fault codes?

What I find odd is that I can have a 0020 error code on the dash, but no flashing red triangle until it is joined by the 0028 code, perhaps a software change by zero so as not to alarm the rider?

ESokoloff:

--- Quote from: SteveA on February 24, 2024, 05:28:42 PM ---
More recently I have seen the same fault codes come back (0020 & 0028) after riding in heavier rain, but they seem to go away after a time, presumably after drying out. Has anyone else ended up just deciding to live with intermittent fault codes?

--- End quote ---

My 2016 DSR experienced fault code 20 & 28 as well as red triangle/green LED flashing during rain events  & I finally traced it down to the enabling circuit (ignition equivalent in ICE vehicles) getting wet & allowing a path to ground.
After insulating the defect, I’ve been trouble free for about a year & 7+k miles.

TheRan:
I also used to get isolation faults, don't remember if it was 20 and 28, for a few days if I had ridden through some particularly larger puddles or washed the bike with a hose. Bought some dielectric grease with the intention of trying to do a better job at isolating everything, never got round to it but having had any faults for the past 2 or 3 years despite going through some bigger puddles than I ever did when I got them.

SteveA:

--- Quote from: ESokoloff on February 25, 2024, 09:28:39 AM ---....I finally traced it down to the enabling circuit (ignition equivalent in ICE vehicles) getting wet & allowing a path to ground. ...

--- End quote ---

Sounds interesting and something I'd like to try too. Where can I find the enabling circuit? Is it part of the key circuit under the dash?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version