• April 29, 2024, 11:27:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Well, now we know (S2 Mulholland)  (Read 330 times)

Motoproponent

• View Profile
Well, now we know (S2 Mulholland)
« on: March 21, 2024, 10:40:36 PM »

What do you think?

https://www.livewire.com/s2-mulholland-electric-motorcycle

I think it's cool enough. Do you think there is overlap with the market for Livewire One?

I'm just wondering, when the cost savings of not having DCFC will catch up. Like the street oriented Mulholland has a cost saving over the street oriented LW One of ~$7,000.

...Or less since the LW One hasn't changed that much...a 1 or 2 year old LW One can be gotten on cycle trader for ~$12,000 - $18,000.

I mean it seems like the market they're after is potentially Zero's customers as it is competitively priced compared to those models.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:42:25 PM by Motoproponent »
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

princec

• View Profile
Re: Well, now we know (S2 Mulholland)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 10:49:54 PM »

It looks fabulous, and likely streets ahead in terms of build quality compared to Zero's offerings for the same money. Would seriously consider one if I hadn't got a Zero already.

Cas :)

shayan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 12:58:31 AM »

In all honesty the range is disappointing. My SR/F with the new 15.6kWh pack has been consistently giving me 100 miles of range in winter at around 65mph freeway speeds (not too windy), which I assume will be higher in summer. Yes the bike weighs around 100lbs more (with the chargetank) than the Mulholland, but for those 78 mins of charging stop I can get more range than the S2.

Granted Zero has quality or other issues, but for 17,995.00 why not get the newest Zero S with a chargetank? or 14,995.0 without chargetank but with a rated 154miles of city riding?
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 03:43:55 AM »

Here is the Motorcycle.com article regarding the S2 Mulholland.  It seems like a decent price. I wouldn't be surprised if the LiveWire company will loose money on every one that they sell. All of the components seem topnotch. I find that the 5-year battery guaranty is a bit unusual as it is covered down to 30% degradation, instead of the typical 20% degradation.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 04:44:38 AM »

Covered down to 30 percent or ALLOWED down to 30 percent?
Maybe I misread it but from my pov they said it can go as low as 30 percent under initial capacity.  Which would be unusual in that, it's a bit worse than most other dealers are giving you where they are saying their battery will only drop to 20 percent, which is about norm.

Otherwise yah, it seems like a decent bike for what it is.

Aaron

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2024, 07:02:35 AM »

I don't see that much difference from the Del mar.  Same front fender, similar seats, no knee pads.  That is what I was hoping for.  It is more $ than the Del mar, less known suspention name, less accelleration and top speed.  I hear it is hard to know how many have actually sold to customers but how many sold or shipped to dealers is out there.

I did call the closest Livewire dealer a few months back asking about it and how many extra fees there are on these things. He said they have a price that includes all the fees or that is the impression I got.  They did have a Del mar for test ride, but it was and still is winter.

I got 4.8 kw on board charger from their numbers.  I guess that is only a 2 year warranty.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 07:05:19 AM by Fran K »
Pages: [1]