• June 16, 2024, 09:28:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero fx dying power packs  (Read 1394 times)

Charlyseabass

• View Profile
Re: Zero fx dying power packs
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2024, 02:22:11 AM »

Thanx gt13013 and doctorbrass for your help..,

Completely understand how to try to fix my issue but I’m a fisherman not an enginer…😉
I don’t feel like trying it out even if I already opened my motor to replace the bearings…
I wish I found someone like you doctorbrass out here on the other side of the Atlantic…
I contacted many firms but didn’t find anyone able to try it yet…,
Sent email to zero and to my contact working for zero but they left me down… maybe for them this bike is too old …
Anyway I will keep your process to share it when I find someone with the skills…
Thank you guys
Bike still running but not far and not too fast… frustrating leave with a 500cc for 10km then a 125cc for 20km and come back home on a 50cc for the remaining range about 20km more…

KuRi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2024, 03:24:25 AM »

I am sorry to hear this experience... again. This problem will show a lot through next years. I am having magic charge and +15% loss in battery range after 4 years of my DSR 2020, and Zero refuses to change the battery under warranty because they say the logs show >=80% in battery capacity yet, which can be true, but I am pretty sure the battery will die sooner or later after the warranty period (that's what they want).

I am predicting a massive cases of users complaining about EV batteries in the next 5 years. I will have to ask the justice to help me in case this happens to my bike after the 5 years warranty period. I did even purchase the extended warranty program for the whole bike (+1k$) and they still refuses to help me.

I am willing to pay 30-50% of the price for a full new battery replacement if it dies after the warranty period, but it does not look like that this will be offerered to me...

With these numbers... no one should be buying an EV with less than 8-10 years of warranty. I will sell mine while it is under warranty and then what... back to petrol? (no please)

Good luck and sorry for your lost :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 03:27:31 AM by KuRi »
ZERO DSR 2020 - TOURING SEAT - TREKKER 52

Charlyseabass

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2024, 07:59:49 PM »

DAMNED I START TO HATE THIS BIKE!!!!
yesterday ride one way 10km at 70km/h
On the way back : bike shuts off at 74% battery riding 70km/h
Had to stop in the dark on the side of the road….
Shut key off and on again …
Battery level 33%!!!!
Ride back home 30km/h
Can not trust this bike anymore being scared about range…
Range is now so low…
I will give up and sell for parts
It is dangerous now…
And buy a ktm390 adventure
Yes it will drink gas…. But will not cost me 7000€ repair after riding 13000km
Such a shame zero just don’t do nothing to keep their products alive…

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2024, 09:53:20 PM »

Such a shame zero just don’t do nothing to keep their products alive…

They did. They offered a 5 year warranty and wrote guidelines about how to keep the battery healthy over time.

Charlyseabass

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2024, 08:59:38 PM »

Winter storage a 60% and removed packs and keep them warm
Bike sleep in garage
Never used quick charge
Never used at high speed for long ( live on a small island)
No off-road
I bought it from a zero dealer and it was the manager bike for 3 years

I do some radio controlled and know about how to maintain lithium

MVETTER don’t let me believe I did wrong….
Theory is one thing and reality is different….
The bike is fucked up after 20000km
And I have zero solution
Except getting almost zero money back from it
Get zero help from customer experience team
I finally discover why this bike is zero!!!
This is reality….

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2024, 11:03:56 PM »

If you know how to maintain lithium then why would you keep them warm for storage?

In the end I don't have any stake in Zero or their bikes so I am not affected by any of this.

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2024, 01:26:52 AM »

My 2016 FX is still riding great but has obviously degraded. It would be gratifying to get 10 years out of it.

Pretty much all Battery Electric Vehicles from e-scooters to busses are disposable with around a 10-year life span. At least it's longer than phones. The fact is, today's electric vehicles are terrible for the environment, and for the wallet too. We're just ignoring these truths for now, hoping that technology improves quick enough to get past it. Batteries need to be cheaper, longer lasting, and standardized for replacement and recycle, and electricity production needs to become cleaner with prices going down rather than up.

So far, with two battery replacements, my Chevy Bolt EV has gotten about 8.3 miles per pound of batteries. Never mind the electricity. According to my calculations, my friend's amazing 2024 Prius Prime hybrid has now passed the threshold here in California where it is cheaper to run on gas ($0.09/mi) than electricity ($0.11/mi). He would do better never to plug it in, except I let him charge off my solar panels.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2024, 07:43:39 PM »

You have a more desirable set up than 2024.  Ability to run on one battery pack and choose which spot.  I apreciate the thread, the whole business of derating or outright shutting down is kind of not involved in the homologation process.  My ktm will derate gradually if used gently but if used hard it will cut out maybe why they don't configure it to be registered.

How long do you think you can buy new battery modules?  Zero moved off shore to some degree I would wonder if the newest spart part battery is better and if there are discount high volume parts sources in their network.

Charlyseabass

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2024, 10:06:13 PM »

Go to hear from you guys…
I feel so lonely in this s….t
Both batteries sag under load….even used one by one…
Price in Europe for new 3.6kw power tank ( same than modular model) is 3300$
I would have to love much more the bike than I actually do to invest 6600$ in it!!!!!
Here in Europe the aftermarket value is low and bikes hard to sell out of waranty….
Example
fx 2019 1000km 6000$
Fx 2020 5600km 7000$
For sale more than 6 month

I saw on eBay USA 2 power tank 3.3kw for 2800$….
This could be a solution….shipping will be complicated….

In my 2 wheeler life I always bought bikes cheaper ,work on it rebuilt them
Enjoy it and sell it back to try to get a little benefit or at least get my money back….
I try to sell my zero on line for 1800$ and nobody wants it…
It the first time I get it so deep and it is painful !!!!!

I had really great fun riding in silence without disturbing anybody for 6 years…
I was thinking about buying another fx but the dead end of this battery problem will make me go back to gaz bike….
It’s 2 years I check my mails everyday hopping to have an offer from zero for new batteries…
But this don’t happen….

Don’t want to ride scared about cutt off/ range / speed / plug, anymore….

Charlyseabass

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2024, 08:34:05 PM »

FINALLY
bike sold this morning for 1800$ to someone for off-road round his property….
Good by my money and good by ZERO
WAS GOOD FUN
BUT BAD INVESTMENT…..

Back to reel 2 wheel freedom:
 unlimited range easy storage and investment back
Back to gas….
Good luck to all with your lithium chemical issues….

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:45:58 AM »

Just because you got a lemon bike does not mean they all are that bad. Im sorry you had that experience.
There are plenty of people out there with E bikes that are enjoying them several years down the road with pretty much zero issues... just maybe not with zero bikes  :(

Give it a few years and I bet when things turn around you'll be looking at them again.  It's only a matter of time for the tech to mature and get the bugs worked out.   If your remember, your ICE vehicles had plenty of horror stories of shitty running back in the days.

Please let us know what you do end up getting and how it works for you!

Aaron
Pages: 1 [2]