• June 17, 2024, 02:45:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Used ego+: Within battery warranty - What to check?  (Read 1160 times)

beatmaster

• View Profile
Re: Used ego+: Within battery warranty - What to check?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2024, 08:34:55 PM »

@JJ: Good idea, but:
https://www.energicamotor.com/en/warranty:
>>... Otherwise, It can only be activated within the first 12 months from the date of first registration. ...<<

Im in 36th month from registration...  :(

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2024, 11:34:34 AM »

@JJ: Good idea, but:
https://www.energicamotor.com/en/warranty:
>>... Otherwise, It can only be activated within the first 12 months from the date of first registration. ...<<

Im in 36th month from registration...  :(

That page you are citing is referring to the NORMAL policy regarding warranty extension.

I was referring to a (maybe one-time) PROMO running until May 31st!
https://www.energicamotor.com/en/extend-your-ride/

Quote: Enjoy an additional 2 years of coverage for your Energica bike. This exclusive offer is available to all Energica customers who have purchased a motorcycle from our range less than 3 years ago.

So, if you are really interested in that warranty extension, I suppose to call your dealer. As far as I understood, they have to download data from the vehicle and send it to Energiga (until May 31st), so you would have to pay them a visit within the next days.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2024, 11:21:03 AM »

EDIT: What I suggested in my earlier post (bike recording charges / calculating SoH) was wrong.
I went to my dealer yesterday to let them download the bike's data for the warranty promo. He explained to me that a reliable SoH calculation is not an easy thing to do.

They have a '20 EGO in the showroom there with 20,000 km belonging to a client who asks 17,000 € for it. He doesn't think it will sell anywhere near this price.
He also told me about a customer who bought a used Zero S (several years old with about 5,000 km) and the battery died only some weeks after the sale. In the end it was repaired but cost the client somewhere around 2k.

I think we all agree that not knowing the SoH of the battery in a used EV is the main reason why people are reluctant to buy. Objectively this is nonsense because you cannot 'look into' the engine of an IC vehicle either, or am I wrong?

What I totally fail to understand is, why manufacturers did not see that coming and set up something to redeem that. I mean, there is an opportunity to sell some kind of service!

chisquare

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2024, 05:04:48 PM »

EDIT: What I suggested in my earlier post (bike recording charges / calculating SoH) was wrong.
I went to my dealer yesterday to let them download the bike's data for the warranty promo. He explained to me that a reliable SoH calculation is not an easy thing to do.

A precise assessment of the SoH may not be possible but data on the lowest cell voltage ever recorded and the current capacity will be what Energica will look at before granting the prolongued warranty.

BTW, the Swiss importer just told me that the battery of their customer with the highest milage (80'000 km in 4 years) has lost only about 2.5% compared to the initial capacity. Moreover, they only encountered one defective battery, all in all. And that one was severely neglected (stored with a very low SoC for prolongued time without attaching a charger).
Energica Esse Esse 9+ RS
BMW R1300 GS
Pages: 1 [2]