• June 17, 2024, 03:45:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Magic Charging--Experia Style!!!  (Read 499 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Magic Charging--Experia Style!!!
« on: May 26, 2024, 09:43:26 AM »

What's wrong with this picture?  Magic?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

SBK74

• View Profile
Re: Magic Charging--Experia Style!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 11:47:07 AM »

5 min to charge 48% is quite ambitious.

Overall I find the graphics messy; alignment in the circle, the mode to stop message. It doesn’t look like a lot of attention went into the design.
2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 12:15:03 PM »

Especially at a charge rate of 3KW. I just wish that were true.

My Experica has the new 43 FW, but it has more bugs now instead of less.

But nothing that takes away from the ride. All the bugs are with what is says on my display, except for the reverse issue (see below).

I still have all the older bugs such as "key not in range" and "bike is off, turn on to continue" as I am going down the freeway. Also, on the freeway "you may now remove the charging cable".  Also, sometimes in reverse, motor will die with an "undefined fault".

Since my FW update to 43, there has been a couple of new bugs.

One new bug was today during a 250-mile ride. I noticed my screen said I was at 64% SOC for 25 miles or so until I stopped and restarted the bike. Also, I had regen, but no regen indication from the line that normally goes down to show regen,  Also, no power indication, no line going up. No line at all. But the bike was running fine.

And when I got home, the "magic charging", Experia style, where it says I can charge at 3 KW and gain 48% SOC in five minutes.

FWIW, my Esse Esse 9 has no bugs and I find that screen easier to use. It has the 42 update, as high as my 2020 can accept.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 11:22:08 PM »

Energica really is still a startup and doesn't necessarily have the resources to throw at software when their core product is a physical machine. Ultimately despite being a startup the bikes they make feel more like bikes built with skill and passion by motorcyclists than the products of someone who approaches bikes like white goods or personal electronics so if the price for that is the attitude towards software of a legacy manufacturer I'm ok with that.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2024, 12:02:36 AM »

Energica really is still a startup and doesn't necessarily have the resources to throw at software when their core product is a physical machine. Ultimately despite being a startup the bikes they make feel more like bikes built with skill and passion by motorcyclists than the products of someone who approaches bikes like white goods or personal electronics so if the price for that is the attitude towards software of a legacy manufacturer I'm ok with that.
Yeah, I agree with all of that. But they did a much better job on the SW with my 2020 Esse Esse 9.

IMO, the Experia is still a great nice riding bike, just full of bugs that pop up on the screen which are mostly just a very minor nuisance.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

weck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2024, 09:58:58 PM »

Especially at a charge rate of 3KW. I just wish that were true.

My Experica has the new 43 FW, but it has more bugs now instead of less.

But nothing that takes away from the ride. All the bugs are with what is says on my display, except for the reverse issue (see below).

I still have all the older bugs such as "key not in range" and "bike is off, turn on to continue" as I am going down the freeway. Also, on the freeway "you may now remove the charging cable".  Also, sometimes in reverse, motor will die with an "undefined fault".

Since my FW update to 43, there has been a couple of new bugs.

One new bug was today during a 250-mile ride. I noticed my screen said I was at 64% SOC for 25 miles or so until I stopped and restarted the bike. Also, I had regen, but no regen indication from the line that normally goes down to show regen,  Also, no power indication, no line going up. No line at all. But the bike was running fine.

And when I got home, the "magic charging", Experia style, where it says I can charge at 3 KW and gain 48% SOC in five minutes.

FWIW, my Esse Esse 9 has no bugs and I find that screen easier to use. It has the 42 update, as high as my 2020 can accept.

-Don-  Reno, NV

I had something similar happen after a fast charge session, range went up to something ridiculous and the SOC didn't move for the 80 mile trip home.  When I plugged it in, it was all confused on charging time and SOC.  Left it plugged in and it sorted itself out and recalibrated.  This was on the old firmware with the EXTIMATED charge, perhaps them fixing the spelling error gave it super charging powers...

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2024, 05:02:03 AM »

Sometimes the charge time / estimate thingy can get wonky.  If it's that much of a bother, try interrupting the charge, turn bike off / remove plug to totally reset everything, then turn it all back on again and restart charge.  That often times can fix the issue.  Ive had the ego get odd a time or two when it's sat for a while w/o a charge, like a few weeks, and it's the first charge after that period.  Once it does get a bit of a charge in it, or more importantly you run it down say 5 percent or so actually running the bike, to bring ALL the cells down a bit, then recharge, it sorts itself out.

Aaron
Pages: [1]