• April 29, 2024, 10:35:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero DS 2011 wiring diagram  (Read 4962 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Zero DS 2011 wiring diagram
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 12:41:20 AM »

Hi guys,

I've finally finished drawing the schematics. Enjoy!  ;D ;D

Great! Do I have your permission to use/convert/share these on zeromanual.com?
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

igorbaldo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 12:46:33 AM »

Yes, of course!
2010 Zero DS w/ belt drive
2010 Suzuki Burgman 400
1997 Honda NX 350 Sahara

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »

Yes, of course!

Thank you! I'll make PNG images soon and link back here; later might work out something clearer.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

igorbaldo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 08:11:07 PM »

Igorbaldo,

That is great, thank you for doing that wiring diagram. I have a question for you.

So I just got my 2011 Zero XU and I got it with a dead battery. So I took about 4 days to slowly charge each of the 7 banks (2 of the cells that are stacked in series on top of one  another). I charged them at 1 amp with a car/motorcycle charger 6v. Until I got each bank to about 6.5 volts with a total of 45.5 volts. I kept those cells that I got to that voltage, using a computer power supply and a step up. After getting to the 45.5 volts I connected it back to the charger on the bike ant started charging!

So the battery is not in the best shape, with it being that low for well over a year. So with the way the battery is it will cut out around 38mph because it doesn't have enough amps to push out when I need it. (I tested it with another battery I built in parallel and it worked with out cutting out). I was also able to travel about 6 miles and then it would cut out completely with original battery.

So this brings me to the next step in my adventure. I took this pack that I made from 14 3.7v 24ah li-ion cells from a Ford C-Max. ( I did this to make it a faster build.)

So I got everything ready but I very sadly hooked up the BMS in  the exact opposite order needed and I fried my BMS.

With that can you, Igorbaldo or anyone else, tell me by chance what the voltage is going from the KSI to the MBB. The Br and B?

Thank you

You did it very well, but had a bad luck... I suppose that you're now trying to enable the MBB via the Br/B wires and run the bike without the BMS. I'm sorry, but I have not taken measures of circuit voltages, but in the near future I will take my battery apart and I will measure it for you.
2010 Suzuki Burgman 400
1997 Honda NX 350 Sahara

Leroysparky

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2018, 01:16:11 AM »

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, but again thank you. Also it would be much appreciated if you could measure the voltage, when ever you can.

Have a great day. Thank you!

craigster

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 06:42:21 AM »

Hi guys,

I've finally finished drawing the schematics. Enjoy!  ;D ;D

This Diagram is fantastic thanks for making it! I have a question regarding the charger input connection... Red = Positive, Black = Negative, Green = charger detected, however what is the white wire? I know it says charge but what is its function? I am working on a 2010 project and am trying to make it capable of 2 quiq Q 1000w chargers. I am going to use thicker gauge wiring for the positive and negative cables and more resistant connection where the Black connects to the 3 others, however I am unsure what to do with the white. If anyone could let me know the function that would be greatly appreciated

igorbaldo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2018, 07:10:39 AM »

Well, the white wire connects directly to the BMS, so I suppose it's a start/stop charge feature provided by the BMS. The charger manual does not say what this wire is, it only mentions a white wire in the image below.
2010 Suzuki Burgman 400
1997 Honda NX 350 Sahara
Pages: 1 [2]