• April 29, 2024, 07:08:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero MX and Zero X brushed motors  (Read 4766 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Zero MX and Zero X brushed motors
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 04:49:53 AM »

The last time I heard, Tesla still hasn't made a profit and they have been working on their vehicles for years.  Trying to establish an entirely new technology in the automotive field takes a lot of cash and a lot of time.  Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Just ask Tucker.   :o
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Harlan

• View Profile
    • Hollywood Electrics
Re: Re: Zero MX and Zero X brushed motors
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 06:07:59 AM »

Gadget123, I have a street legal 2011 Zero MX with 28 miles on it. Practically brand new. I'd be willing to part with it for much less than what you're paying for that   2012. If you're interested you can email me at harlan at hollywoodelectrics.com
Harlan Flagg
Hollywood Electrics
http://www.hollywoodelectrics.com

pennjon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 08:14:10 AM »

Stick with Zero I know they stand behind the product. 
They supported my bike 100% to keep me up and running.  I had a 2009 Zero X for about a year before I sold it and went back to gas.  I enjoyed the experience and rode the bike in every offroad
environment to find it's limits.  Your expectations can't be the same as for  a gas motorcycle of course or you will be disappointed.  I would suggest taking a serious test ride to answer some of your questions on which model to purchase.

gadget123

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »

thanks for the input!

harlan --> thanks for the offer on the 2011 but i think i'll stick with the 2012. i really want as much range as possible. my entire day is 25 miles so i will need the 2012.

zapmc --> i like your thoughts on BRD. i really do like the look of their bike. and you make a good point about zero not being around in 2 years as well...the ktm bike: i don't know..i don't love buying a bike from a company that is not 100% electric right now. unless i hear that the bike is by far the best then i think i would prefer to spend my money on a US-based start-up. i just appreciate that a few people took a chance on my company a while ago so if it ever works out i always try to return the favor for another start-up. i didn't realize that zero had 80 employees...seems like a lot but they probably know what they're doing. they seem to be the only company i ever heard of in the electric vehicle space that actually hits their launch dates. as for the test ride on the zero -- i kind of don't have my motorcycle license yet. i haven't ridden in 20 years. i basically am getting this bike because one of my resolutions for 2012 was to try moto cross. i was actually looking at buying an electric scooter for my commute to work. i saw zero on a financial news piece and looked them up. i saw the zero x and thought that it might suit both of my needs. then i found this forum...which has been pretty helpful for me. i wish my dealer was more informed. like i wrote before, my dealer told me i get a rebate of $2500 from california and the federal gov't. i think it turns out that i get nothing at all for the x. no one there knew very much about the bikes even though they have been selling them for over a year. the reason i paid $12,800 is because the bike was about $10k and the dealer fees and tax made it $12,800. they told me i'd get $2500 back so i thought it was not too bad. i wish i had another option for a local dealer but there is only one in san diego. the zero line is definitely an afterthought for them. i am certain they don't know even know about this forum. lol...they told me to direct any questions i had about zero to their facebook page, instead of trying to get the answers for me.

Harlan

• View Profile
    • Hollywood Electrics
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 02:39:02 PM »

Gadget123, if you don't like the idea of buying a KTM because they also build gas bikes, why would you buy an electric bike from a gas dealer who doesn't even have enough interest in the product to get his facts straight?  And $12800?  You've got to be kidding me! What kind of extra fees is he adding? Even with tax, shipping, setup fees, and registration, our price is more than $1000 less than that.

If you want a better deal, we're in Los Angeles, barely a couple hours from San Diego.  We also are currently offering a promotional financing rate of 0% with zero down payment for 12 months or 4.99% with zero down payment for 48 months.

Come up this weekend and we'll even let you test ride one.
Harlan Flagg
Hollywood Electrics
http://www.hollywoodelectrics.com

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »

would love to buy at these rates and then the tax incentive ....

25miles. My 2011 S does this happly day in and out (rountrip).

just like any high tech item - get on with it and don't look for the new latest for a while --- they all will be better -- but rather the benefits now than in 50 years or so.

;)
T
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto

dkw12002

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 05:58:28 AM »

A 2011 demo might be the best deal...perhaps $3,000 or so off list price.

gadget123

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 07:06:10 AM »

manlytom --> i agree. i am just gonna buy the 2012 zero x.

Harlan --> if my dealer somehow drops the ball then i will come to your shop and get it. i am supposed to pick it up saturday but i haven't heard from the dealer so i kinda doubt it'll be in then. as for why it cost me $12,800....i don't know. i know it makes me sound stupid but i don't have a detailed invoice..just a receipt for $500 for the deposit and $12,317 for the remainder. do you know if the x is taking more time to deliver? the dealer has the ds and s in stock but not the x or mx. regarding your ktm question: i feel like i am buying from zero more so than my local dealer. also, do you know if the 2012 zero x qualifies for any rebates? and if so, how much?
Pages: 1 [2]