• April 28, 2024, 12:13:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero communications?  (Read 1638 times)

electricdominic

• View Profile
Zero communications?
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:47:06 AM »

So, how have you perceived communication from Zero Motorcycles?  Are they good about answering sales questions? How about service/repair/technical questions?

craigq

• View Profile
Re: Zero communications?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:02:20 AM »

Excellent response to sales inquiries. No experience yet on the service/repair/technical side...
bikeless

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 03:21:09 AM »

So, how have you perceived communication from Zero Motorcycles?  Are they good about answering sales questions? How about service/repair/technical questions?

Grading

Sales Communications: A
Service Communications: A+

blake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:29:51 AM »

local dealer: A+ (very responsive, friendly, knowledgeable; go out of their way to help)
Zero CA Sales: A (quick response to detailed questions)
Zero Canada Distributor: B+/A- (responsive but didn't prepare the ground adequately for the introduction of Zero into the country, in my opinion - e.g. it's still not possible to get insurance coverage here for these bikes, so what use is it bringing them in??)

craigq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:04:06 AM »

Blake,

I've got my Zero XU insured in Ontario with Primmum. However, I can't get the bike licensed at my local MTO Service Ontario office...
bikeless

rotoiti

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 04:38:04 AM »

I have received no response whatsoever to my two email sales inquiries (form through their website) so F on the web front. When I called, someone responded to all my questions. I really prefer emailing though :)
2014 Zero SR, 2012 Zero DS ZF9 (gone)

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 05:16:58 AM »

great communication through emails

local dealers in Oz not that knowledgable. need to find alternative approach in this one

Tom
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 05:43:12 AM »

I have received no response whatsoever to my two email sales inquiries (form through their website) so F on the web front. When I called, someone responded to all my questions. I really prefer emailing though :)

That's odd. Got a response within hours each time I send emails to sales.  Try again?

CliC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »

Zero seems to want to primarily direct you to dealers for sales questions, though not all the dealers are quite up to speed. First dealer I contacted in Texas (via Zero's web site) didn't respond for days. After that, I just happened to be visiting northern California and went to Zero's company HQ in Scotts Valley, where they generously answered my questions and let me test ride the 2012 S on the lobby floor. Talked to a nearby dealer in California, and they had several Zero bikes, in spite of being what appeared a personal watercraft/pleasure boat/RV dealer. Got back to Texas, and contacted a second Texas dealer, which didn't even show Zero as a listed brand on their web site, yet emailed me back promptly and had plenty of Zeros as I found out over the phone (I ultimately ended up purchasing from them). While on the way there to look at bikes, the first Texas dealer finally got back to me.

Anyway, use the phone or visit if the dealer web site leaves you wanting.

As for service, I've only had the bike a couple weeks, and fortunately I haven't needed any.
Bikes: 2012 Zero DS ZF9, 2000 Harley Road King (sold), 1985 Suzuki GN400 (sold)
Ride log

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »

I looked around the world map and found that in some countries not the traditional ICE dealers are selling the Zeros - i.e. Germany. Seems more alternative energy/solar companies selling them. Considering what the bike is and the target audience it might indeed be an interesting idea - new/different channels !

Same here in OZ the traditional dealers seem not to knowledgeable. :( but kindda understandable..
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020

craigq

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 05:35:55 PM »

Time for an update:

Zero Canada Sales Rep: A communicates effectively/promptly, setup the sale etc
Newman Motorsport (the dealer): A  simplified a long-distance purchase, delivered on-time etc.
Repair: TBD, haven't used the bike yet
Service: TBD, haven't used the bike yet
Technical: TBD - I've not contacted Zero directly, I had PM'd "liveforphysics" who responded to a couple of them, and I've found out a lot on the various forums (here, elmoto, brammoforum etc)

Whoever is responsible for getting Zero motorcycles into Ontario's MTO databases for registration/plating : I don't really know - the issue is currently with some MTO/Service Ontario "hotline" for verification that the bike can be registered for road use in Ontario. One would think the importer or some person at Zero in the "department of homologation" would have cleared this up before allowing the vehicle to be sold to end-users in Ontario, I guess "caveat emptor" would apply here...

Another update: I got the bike plated. It took 5 business days, but it's now road-legal in Ontario  :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:09:55 AM by craigq »
bikeless

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »

From my side:

Zero Canada Sales Rep:     (wich is Kent Aubichon from Montreal )
Excellent service, respond every emails and is a really nice guy! i've meet him personally. 

UTS ( Univer Traction Sport) from Quebec city:  The dealer ( Dave) ia a really nice guy too and wil definitivly ghelp to promote the  zero products in this region !

Luke ( the battery ingeneer guru of zero motorcycle) : a very nice man! it really know any technical questions about the zero. he probably responded like 50+ email from me about the zero products!

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

craigq

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 08:55:07 PM »

From my side:

Zero Canada Sales Rep:     (wich is Kent Aubichon from Montreal )
Excellent service, respond every emails and is a really nice guy! i've meet him personally. 

+1, Kent is knowledgable and helpful! He arranged my purchase through a non-local dealer as there are none in my city...
bikeless
Pages: [1]