• April 28, 2024, 06:57:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero National Motorcycle test ride day  (Read 2235 times)

Nukie

• View Profile
Re: Zero National Motorcycle test ride day
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 12:57:15 AM »

Thanks for the recon work, Paul. I was very interested to hear what might be in store for 2013. Been debating on whether to take the plunge for 2012 or what and see. I am tempted to wait since I am in no immediate hurry. I know whatever I do, the technology while outdate itself quickly. One of my local dealers compares buying an electric bike akin with buying a computer or smartphone. A new model is just around the corner that will be a little bit better.
"Life is locomotion. If you're not moving, you're not living." – The Flash

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 03:54:53 AM »

I would be really surprised if they make mayor changes in the bike...(Zero S model), unless they get a huge ROIC
I'm more in line with Protomech...see changes/improvements as:
- Charging
- Braking system
- Suspension system eventually
- Software tricks (acceleration, Regeneration)
- More added value options (lights, luggage, warmers, mirrors, etc...)
- Eventually more battery capacity - but I see this as a last option, as they would be challenged with bike overall cost.

As they are starting to get the sales volume, they could squeeze their suppliers, and get an overall improved bike with the same price

I thought I read some speculation somewhere that Zero was going to make a sportbike model next year, to supplement their dirt bike/super moto models.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

af1 racing

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 04:47:38 AM »

Thanks to all the riders that came out to our demo day....probably had 15 different people try them out.   One guy showed up on a older e-bike (forgort the name, it wasnt a zero), and was VERY impressed with the Zero S.

We keep our S and X demo models plugged in and they are always ready for test rides....stop by anytime.
Pages: 1 [2]