• April 29, 2024, 06:10:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suspensions  (Read 2154 times)

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
Re: Suspensions
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 10:26:26 AM »

Anyone ever considered lowerting their suspension... like playing with the internal preload spacer in the suspension tube?

I am considering modifying my DS 2011 fork to get a 2011 S equivalent fork ( lower)

Doc

I've posted several times here about my experiments with the speed and damping adjustments on my 2012 S to try to get the butt hammer out of the ride.

The choice appears to be mushy ride on long bumps with harsh passthrough of small road irregularities at one end of the spectrum, stiff ride on long bumps with very harsh passthrough of small road irregularities on the other, or something in between.   :-\

I swear the bike I rode at Hollywood Electrics in November rides lower than my stock 2012 S and smoother on rough pavement, but maybe it was my imagination.

Maybe a more adventuresome soul here can try mucking with the spacers.

BSDThw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 10:47:58 AM »

Hi Doc,

Also the second problem is that the protective plastic of the front wheel fairing(model S)  are also having interference with the base of the upper part of the fork

I would like to use the S fairing at my 2012 DS it look similar. Do you have tested it really or do you think it will not work like me because the photo gave the impression. :'(
Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 08:58:59 AM »

I would like to use the S fairing at my 2012 DS it look similar. Do you have tested it really or do you think it will not work like me because the photo gave the impression. :'(

I used the original 2011 zero S fairing that i got from Luke. not tested yet but the screw are at the same location to fix it.

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon
Pages: 1 [2]