• April 29, 2024, 10:50:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Forgot how much performance improves in warm weather!  (Read 853 times)

kcoplan

• View Profile
Forgot how much performance improves in warm weather!
« on: May 06, 2014, 02:49:02 AM »

Just rode to work in the bright sunshine -- nice to have warm weather after riding most of the winter.  I forgot how much the cold saps these bikes' performance.  Got the acceleration back -- and when I opened it up on the highway I was surprised to see the speedo hit 97 (this is on a stock '13 S ZF6).  Now, I know the speedometer on these bikes is a little optimistic, but still . . .    ;D

The ICE biker I passed never heard me coming.

Meanwhile, my wife's '13 XU is operating erratically again (sometimes it runs on bootup, sometimes it doesn't).  The dealer didn't really fix it -- even with all the logs they had no idea what the problem was and just plugged it back together and hoped the problem was a loose connection that would go away. It didn't.

--Karl

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Forgot how much performance improves in warm weather!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 03:16:57 AM »

I have checked the speedometer on my 2014 S and it is spot on, which is a big improvement from the speedo on my 2012 S, which was off by about 8%.

Sorry to hear about your wife's XU.  :(   I hope Zero can solve the problem and your dealer will fix it for her.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

peter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 04:50:29 AM »

Karl, did the shop check the connectors going into the bottom of the DC-DC converter? Dunno what they're like on a 2013 XU, but on my wife's 2012 XU they're kinda dicky. I could see them being loose connections that would make trouble.

hth
Peter

kcoplan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 01:03:18 AM »

Peter, I don't know what they checked, specifically.  I was told they disconnected and reconnected the main bike board to do the firmware update, and they hoped that that resolved any loose connections.
-Karl
Pages: [1]