• April 29, 2024, 04:09:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My visit to the Zero Factory  (Read 2125 times)

Electric Terry

• View Profile
Re: My visit to the Zero Factory
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 03:44:47 AM »

If it's not raining tomorrow I am thinking of riding up there from Santa Cruz.  Is it the one located on Skyline Blvd in Woodside CA?
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 04:33:10 AM »

Hi Terry.  Alice's is located on the northwest corner of the intersection of Highway 84 (Woodside Road) and Highway 35 (Skyline Boulevard).  I will be up there with three other friends at 8:30 am tomorrow. Unfortunately, it is predicted to be raining and windy most of the day, so I plan on driving my white Saturn station wagon (for the first time this year) and sitting indoors, instead of outside on the porch. If you decide not to head up there due to inclement weather, just drop me a line and we can get together any time after Christmas. I have my family coming over on Monday (Christmas Eve) and will be spending my afternoon tomorrow cleaning my house - which I don't do very often, and baking apple pies, so 1 pm wouldn't work for me.  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 04:40:33 AM by Richard230 »
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 01:40:11 AM »

If it's not raining tomorrow I am thinking of riding up there from Santa Cruz.  Is it the one located on Skyline Blvd in Woodside CA?

Well it definitely is raining up there today.  I did drive my car this morning and was happy that I did so.  It is a frog-strangler all over the Bay Area and especially in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  Winds seem to be blowing around 20 mph, with gusts to 40.  Photo attached. There was one die-hard motorcycle rider on a Honda VFR parked in their lot.  He left at 10am, about the time I did.

While I was at the Restaurant, I spoke with one of the two owners (the one with hair) and asked him if he would have any objection to a friend recharging his Zero motorcycle there.  He said that he was familiar with the brand and had met some of the staff before.  Apparently, Zero is thinking about doing some sort of promotion up there one day in the future.  Anyway, he said that they had a 240V outlet and Terry was welcome to use it should he stop by for a visit and a bite.  Nice people and it is great to see Alice's doing well - which was not always the case when it was owned by others in the past.

Speaking of Alice's Restaurant, here is the entire 22-minute ballad of Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie: 

The song's story is a real kick.   ;D  Alice's Restaurant in Woodside was named after the movie and the song, not the other way around.  Having been through the draft process during the 1960's I can appreciate the song.    ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 [2]