• April 29, 2024, 04:22:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Anyone played with the new App?  (Read 4148 times)

wainair

• View Profile
Anyone played with the new App?
« on: February 06, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »

Now that the 13's are making it into the hands of lucky owners I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to play with the new App? I was looking for it in itunes app store but I couldn't find it. It sounds like a really amazing feature of the new bikes! I was amazed with the onstar app for my Volt. It lets you start the car, lock or unlock the doors, beep the horn, check the charge level or start the car charging if it is plugged in and gives you mileage and odometer histories. But one of the things I thought it could use was a basic tuning feature exactly like what Zero has done with the S and DS this year.

So anyone out there had a chance to play with the app yet? I'd love to hear about it or maybe get a link to get the app! ;)
There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Anyone played with the new App?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 11:44:17 PM »

It's not available on the Google Play marketplace yet. At least on the Android side it is possible to sideload arbitrary applications, where Apple and Google both take some time (typ. couple of days) for a review process on application submission.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

wainair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:54:57 PM »

I'll keep looking every couple days. It's no big rush as I don't have a bike yet but I'd still like to check it out and hear form those have been playing with it. Until I can get my hands on the bike I need something to play with! :)

There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 01:40:59 AM »

It would be neat if it had a simulation mode.. bike running around a course, street or dirt .. get to see the different parameters playing out. Speed up time or watch in real time. Same for charging. Watch the battery voltage, current.

I dunno. I'd like to see it : )

EastSider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:00:48 AM »

Now that the 13's are making it into the hands of lucky owners I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to play with the new App? I was looking for it in itunes app store but I couldn't find it. It sounds like a really amazing feature of the new bikes! I was amazed with the onstar app for my Volt. It lets you start the car, lock or unlock the doors, beep the horn, check the charge level or start the car charging if it is plugged in and gives you mileage and odometer histories. But one of the things I thought it could use was a basic tuning feature exactly like what Zero has done with the S and DS this year.

So anyone out there had a chance to play with the app yet? I'd love to hear about it or maybe get a link to get the app! ;)
I got a new 2013DS last weekend, and just heard that the app should be available in 1-2weeks.  Putting final touches on it apparently. I imagine it will be similar to GreenCharge in many ways. I'll update this thread after I get a chance with it!

EastSider

wainair

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 08:03:15 AM »

Thanks EastSider!

emotofreak

• View Profile
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:32:07 AM by skadamo »

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 07:34:02 AM »

Nice! emotofreak, hope you don't mind I edited your post to make the links clickable.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »

Got it, but will have to enjoy demo mode for now...
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

wainair

• View Profile
Anyone played with the new App?
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »

Thanks for the links emotofreak! I'm in demo mode too pretending I've got a
2013 now!! LOL

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 08:48:48 PM »

I'm wondering if the 2013's come factory standard with a 12v accessory outlet now? I would think that it would be there to run the smartphone / tablet etc.

Picking up my 2013 FX Friday. Two days to go - Wahoo!!!

Oops, my '12 DS looks kind of sad sitting in my desert garage, snif, snif :-( After all those good rides it gave me only to be pushed aside for a younger, prettier, more exciting and able, replacement.

Trikester

wainair

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »

I like the app, it is really neat! The one feature that I think is really cool is the news feed. What a great way for Zero to communicate with it's riders! You could get all sorts of notifications from Zero on that! I like how you can change the drive settings.  Even the ability to limit the top speed. I know personally that after I got familiar with my bikes I could more or less know how fast I was going it top gear by the sound of the bike. With an electric that is probably not possible so that feature might be able to stop me from getting a nasty speeding ticket!

Good Work Zero! ;D

That would be good Trikester, a usb port up by the handle bars!

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 11:29:29 PM »

One thing I think would be very cool would be to have it simulate a route. Pull terrain, speed limit data from google maps. Have a riding aggression switch. Simulate power, speed, energy draw, range. Visualize the route on Google Street View, have an animation speed slider.

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 12:30:19 AM »

I won't be able to go to the internet when I'm out with the bike because I don't plan on subscribing to a cell phone network. I have another cell phone (not a smart one) that I use for calls. I'll buy a cheaper outdated device to permanently mount as an instrument panel on the FX so someone can't just pop it off and walk away with it. Of course when I'm in range of a WiFi I could access the internet. Most places I will be, that will not be the case. :(

Trikester

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 12:41:55 AM »

I'm wondering if the 2013's come factory standard with a 12v accessory outlet now? I would think that it would be there to run the smartphone / tablet etc.

Picking up my 2013 FX Friday. Two days to go - Wahoo!!!

Oops, my '12 DS looks kind of sad sitting in my desert garage, snif, snif :-( After all those good rides it gave me only to be pushed aside for a younger, prettier, more exciting and able, replacement.

Trikester

Trikester,

You dog.  You did not even trade her in on a new model; you just pushed her aside.  That most certainly would not work on my wife :)
Life is too short not to enjoy what you do each day.
Pages: [1] 2 3