• April 29, 2024, 02:56:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 2013 Zero S start/charge problem (Replacement bike received)  (Read 7228 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Please help! lesson learned: don't let dealer fix your Zero
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2013, 04:55:31 AM »

I don't know a thing about lemon laws, but I would classify the 2012 Zeros as being equivalent to 300cc-500cc IC motorcycles.  They have 29 hp and 40 lb.-ft. of torque.  The 2013 models have something like 54 hp and 68 lb-ft of torque and I would classify their performance as equivalent to IC motorcycles in the 500cc to 650cc range (in my opinion).
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

nicktulloh

• View Profile
Re: Please help! lesson learned: don't let dealer fix your Zero
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2013, 10:32:13 AM »

I'd be making the argument based on cost instead.

DesignerDan

• View Profile
Re: Please help!
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2013, 03:48:21 AM »

According to Zero the bike is finished being built and tested. I tried to work with my dealer to get upgraded to the 11.4 kwh battery for all this bullshit. My dealer told me that zero agreed to send an 11.4 at no additional cost. Well somewhere, someone lied. Zero will not be offering any compensation. Not even a discount on the 11.4 kwh. I still want the 11.4 so I'll complain to my dealer about it and they might be able to give me a discount. At this point Zero is screwing me and my dealer over so hard. This whole experience has been non-stop bullshit from Zero. Their shipping carrier destroyed my first bike, they sold me a factory defective bike, they tried fixing it but failed, they tried fixing it again but failed again, then they claimed they were all out of bikes, and now they are basically telling me to just deal with it. Based on this experience I cannot recommend Zero to anyone. I understand they are a start up but at what point do you say "enough is enough, I don't care that you're a start up, either treat your customers with good service or get out of the game."

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2013, 05:22:10 AM »

http://blogs.motorcyclistonline.com/2013-zero-s-streetfighter-34739.html

Friday May 3rd, they have problems with charging.
Saturday May 4th, Zero replaces the faulty Zero S with another Zero S.

Great service to the media.... not so much for consumers.
Travis

DesignerDan

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2013, 06:37:36 AM »

Don't even get me started lol What I want to know is did they try turning the bike on!? When my bike was having the problem, I could also hear clicking from the chargers (as if they were trying to turn on but wouldn't/couldn't) just as the review described. It could be the exact same problem as my bike. Could mulitple bikes be infected? Hopefully they find the problem and prevent it from happening to future bikes.

DesignerDan

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2013, 06:07:16 AM »

Got the bike today. It works so that's good. The dealership just gave it to me and SAID "YOU'RE GETTING THE UPGRADE FOR FREE" and let me drive off (it's the upgraded 11.4) about an hour goes by and the dealership freaks out and calls me and tells me they messed up and I was supposed to pay. No big deal I go back and give them the $2000. They were all pissed off at me. I'm not sure how this is my fault. When someone tells you you're getting an upgrade for free, you don't question it. Lol Then Chris told my dealer I was posting on forums and said I asked Zero for an "accessory top bag", which isn't true. I had never asked Zero for a free accessory. Not through phone or email. And the emails will back that up. Words can't even describe the situation. What started off as me posting on a forum asking people how to fix the Zero turned into Zero thinking I'm out to destroy their company by posting online about the situation. I honestly regret posting online because now my character is under attack. It's ashame that when someone posts about a problem with a product it turns into the company interpreting that as an all out attack.

Idk if you guys agree but how I see it is: If Zero didn't want me posting about the problems the bike was having couldn't they have just fixed or replaced the bike in a more efficient manner? This isn't rocket science. So much of my time and money, my dealers time and money, and Zeros time and money was wasted on resolving this issue. It's not my (customers) fault that their course of action for fixing the issue resulted in everyone losing. I don't appreciate being seen as a bad customer for something that was completely out of my control (other than posting on the forums but does that really make me a bad customer?)

This whole ordeal was so exhausting I don't even have the EV grin anymore. Zero thinks I'm out to get them. My dealer is mad at me for their screw up. Ugh today was not a good day. Honestly if anyone reading this has any problems with their Zeros your best bet is to keep it off the forums. Otherwise you might be labeled as a problem customer.

Tl;dr

My dealer screwed up and I got blamed by Zero and my dealer's for the mistake.

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2013, 06:52:59 AM »

l disagree , the forum is good place for information and education, mostly zero has been very good with warranty problems, I want to know if zero, dealer or customer is doing good or bad. There are some who love EV with a passion, and other its just a job.
I would have not paid for upgrade so soon if told it was free. would have made them wait for request in writing, and then reply dealer said it was free. Lol. Let them feel what it like to wait.

DesignerDan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2013, 07:11:14 AM »

l disagree , the forum is good place for information and education, mostly zero has been very good with warranty problems, I want to know if zero, dealer or customer is doing good or bad. There are some who love EV with a passion, and other its just a job.
I would have not paid for upgrade so soon if told it was free. would have made them wait for request in writing, and then reply dealer said it was free. Lol. Let them feel what it like to wait.

Damn that sounds pretty harsh though! I hated when they made me wait so it would be wrong to do it to them. The financial guy was begging me to come back to the dealership and when I got there he looked like he was about to cry. My guess is his boss really laid into him for telling me it was free and having me fill out all of the paperwork and drive away. What I don't get is why they are mad at me! It's not like I tried deceiving them! I had the money ready but the financial guy said "you are really lucky because you are getting it for free". So I honestly thought maybe the dealer was picking up the slack since Zero wasn't offering any discounts.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: 2013 Zero S start/charge problem (Replacement bike received)
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2013, 10:24:26 AM »

Wow. That's pretty unprofessional of the dealer to "forget" a little detail like, oh, asking the customer to pay $2000. If they do that on a regular basis they won't be in business long, but probably they'll have sold all their bikes at least..

One of the best uses of forums is to aggregate user experiences. Would the glitch have been fixed initially if we hadn't all been posting online about experiencing it? Maybe .. maybe not.

There's a not-terribly fine line between posting about problems and seeking resolution and slagging the manufacturer or (especially) a dealer, of course..
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »

Strange they have replacement bike with upgraded battery for you. Maybe zero give you upgrade but dealer want you to pay , make easy profit ? Strange paper worked signed  and only after you asked to pay. Very disorganised.

DesignerDan

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2013, 10:24:38 PM »

Strange they have replacement bike with upgraded battery for you. Maybe zero give you upgrade but dealer want you to pay , make easy profit ? Strange paper worked signed  and only after you asked to pay. Very disorganised.

When Zero told me they were sending a replacement bike I asked if they could send the 11.4kwh and I would pay the difference. I then asked my dealer if they (dealer) could offer a discount on it because I got an email saying $800 off a new Zero. My dealer called me back and said I was getting the upgrade for free. A week later Zero called me and said it wasn't free. Then I go to the dealer to pick it up and they were saying it was free again.

So apparently no one knows what the heck was going on. Huge lack of communication.

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2013, 11:48:39 PM »

Sometimes, when I have posted a question on this forum about a problem I was having, I was contacted by Zero engineering shortly afterward with a suggestion, a question about more information, or a solution. I consider that to be service I could never get from a big motorcycle co. I'm glad they are reading this forum.

I used to post on a Yamaha TW200 forum - never was contacted by Yamaha engineering. ;)

Trikester

wainair

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2013, 08:01:56 PM »

This sounds more like a dealership problem to me. Some dealerships are just poor.  Poor customer service after buying the bike, poor service of the bike, and poor management. I would guess the majority of the issues you've had with your bike other than the initial problem were all caused by the dealership and their inability to deal with the problems your bike had.

Last year this happened to me. GM Canada will pay for Volt owners gas costs if your car is in for warranty service  and you need a rental. I've been in twice for warranty work and have been compensated for my gas costs. The first time it took over a month to get my cheque because the service manager wouldn't cut a cheque until GM paid him. Okay, I can sort of understand that, I understand how hard it can be to get big corporations to give moneys out instead of take moneys in. The second time It was twice as long. Finally the service guys said I could come in to get my cheque. When I did and they didn't have it the service manager came out and said I wasn't going to get it because I already picked it up! What was I trying to pull he accused! Naturally I was shocked at the accusation. After 10 minutes of back and forth the service manager finally realized that I had been in for 2 different services and he went into his office and gave me the cheque. No apology, he never stopped being mad at me for his own mistake, and to this day he won't meet my eye. Poor management resulting in poor service reflecting poorly on the brand.  GM Canada is doing great things with this program for customer service and customer relations and this one service manager is wiping out all that goodwill out with his piss poor attitude. I feel sorry for the staff under him. They've all been very helpful despite their boss.

I'd bet something similar is happening with your case. I'd bet Zero is doing all they reasonably can and the weak link lies somewhere at the dealership. I wouldn't stop expressing your situation on the forum because of someone at the dealerships opinion.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:08:26 PM by wainair »
There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

TargeT

• $.58 a kWh... and I ride electric?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2013, 12:36:52 AM »

Sometimes, when I have posted a question on this forum about a problem I was having, I was contacted by Zero engineering shortly afterward with a suggestion, a question about more information, or a solution. I consider that to be service I could never get from a big motorcycle co. I'm glad they are reading this forum.

I used to post on a Yamaha TW200 forum - never was contacted by Yamaha engineering. ;)

Trikester

This has been the case with me, I've been emailing a guy at Zero almost daily; I'm very happy with the support I've gotten; they fed-ex'd a part to me & are even now talking about flying to my location to correct an issue.
I wonder where I can charge my batteries from at work...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]