• April 29, 2024, 12:07:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FX regen programming  (Read 1682 times)

trikester

• View Profile
FX regen programming
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:56:34 AM »

FYI

The factory setting for the FX regen has it go to 1/2 of setting at 1000 rpm and cutout completely at 500 rpm. I like the regen to stay active at lower speeds when I'm dirt riding. On the advice of Zero I took my bike to Harlan (Hollywood Electrics) and he reprogrammed it to my specs which were: no diminishing at any speed and then cutout at 150 rpm, which is a walking speed. It can be programmed to any desired conditions but not by the iPod / Android Bluetooth link.  :(

Trikester

Harlan

• View Profile
    • Hollywood Electrics
Re: FX regen programming
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:04:14 AM »

I just wanted to clarify, the factory setting has the regen begin to taper off at 1000rpm (~15mph) until 500rpm (~7mph) at which point there is no regen.
Harlan Flagg
Hollywood Electrics
http://www.hollywoodelectrics.com

TargeT

• $.58 a kWh... and I ride electric?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:00:25 PM »

FYI
 It can be programmed to any desired conditions but not by the iPod / Android Bluetooth link.  :(

Trikester

When parked the app allows you to set custom parameters for top speed, maximum torque and maximum regenerative braking.
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-fx/features.php

sort of makes it sound like you can adjust it your self.. There are no dealers around me so I guess I'm screwed :(
I wonder where I can charge my batteries from at work...

WindRider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »

When parked the app allows you to set custom parameters for top speed, maximum torque and maximum regenerative braking.
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-fx/features.php

sort of makes it sound like you can adjust it your self.. There are no dealers around me so I guess I'm screwed :(
[/quote]

I believe that you can reprogram it yourself, but the app I am sure has limits on how far you can go with custom settings.   Sounds like Trikester just wanted something a little more custom and specific than the app allowed for.   But then again, that is typical of Trikester who sometimes adds extra wheels and suspension and stuff to his bikes.    ;D

2008 Yamaha WR250R 
Past E Bikes:  2010 Zero XU, 2012 Zero DS9, 2013 FX5.7

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:13:59 AM »

The app cannot reprogram the cutoff point for the regen. Harlan had to do it with his laptop plugged into some port on the bike (maybe the CAN buss, I don't know). He was using software supplied by Zero to dealers.

I sure do like it better now that regen goes almost to a dead stop, especially for dirt riding. What surprises me is that it is still quite effective even a a walking pace. I wouldn't have thought that the motor, acting as a generator, could make that much power at that slow speed.

To WindRider: My wife always says about me; that I just can't leave anything the way it was manufactured. I have to admit that she's right.  ;)

Trikester

TargeT

• $.58 a kWh... and I ride electric?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 06:25:36 PM »

I just can't leave anything the way it was manufactured. ...
Trikester

I've always been this way too, even if it's something as small as exhaust or intake,, there's always room for improvement & the designers don't always have my demographic in mind it seems when putting out items for the "masses"

Speaking of which.. trikester, could you give me your opinion on this?
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=2798.0 (passenger foot pegs on your FX frame)
I wonder where I can charge my batteries from at work...

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »

Speaking of which.. trikester, could you give me your opinion on this?
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=2798.0 (passenger foot pegs on your FX frame)

I can't help with this. Since I always ride alone, I haven't given adding passenger foot pegs any thought at all.

When I have a bike that has them I usually remove them, but it is always taking a chance in CA because the vehicle code says that any motorcycle with provision for a passenger has to have the foot pegs. However, I've never been pulled over because they weren't there. I expect they would only stop a bike if there was a passenger riding who had no foot pegs.

Trikester
Pages: [1]