• April 29, 2024, 01:41:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Zero updates web store with more products.  (Read 7847 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Zero updates web store with more products.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 02:28:22 AM »

Please keep up the posting.  This is a user forum and not sponsored by Zero.  So I can't use it to advertise, but instead I participate as another user who happens to work for Zero.  I really appreciate your help.  You'll be interested to know that our lead accessory engineer, Zac, reads your posts carefully and is already making improvements based on your feedback.

That's awesome; thank you all for paying attention.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 03:49:36 AM »

Please keep up the posting.  This is a user forum and not sponsored by Zero.  So I can't use it to advertise, but instead I participate as another user who happens to work for Zero.  I really appreciate your help.  You'll be interested to know that our lead accessory engineer, Zac, reads your posts carefully and is already making improvements based on your feedback.

That's awesome; thank you all for paying attention.

This. I may be atypical as a Zero customer, but official interactions on forums mean a great deal to me. Luke sold me on the engineering work done on the 2012 bikes via his postings on elmoto and endless-sphere.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

aaronzeromoto

• View Profile
    • Zero Motorcycles
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 07:03:10 AM »

Richard230,

Thanks for the post on the seat.  Once again, our description has created confusion.  The Variable Heated Seat by Sargent is a stock seat that includes the Seat Mounted Switch (SMS) heating solution from Sargent.  I rewrote the description to clarify this and we'll get it posted in the next week.  We are collecting all the feedback world wide and reconciling it for a final set of changes.

As a side note, I got the clear feedback that you'd be interested in a more comfortable, non-heated seat option. 

Thanks,
aaronzeromoto
@aaronzeromoto
Zero Motorcycles
Director of Customer Experience

2018 Zero DSR + 6kW Charge Tank
2016 Zero FXS
2015 Zero DS + 2.5 kW Charge Tank
2014 Zero SR + Power Tank
2013 Zero DS ZF11.4, Zero FX ZF5.7 and Zero XU 2.8
2007 Yamaha V Star

evrolix

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 06:32:58 PM »

Thanks for the update and the new, cool stuff!
Also happy to hear that the items become more and more available, even in Belgium, Europa! :)
E

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »

Richard230,

Thanks for the post on the seat.  Once again, our description has created confusion.  The Variable Heated Seat by Sargent is a stock seat that includes the Seat Mounted Switch (SMS) heating solution from Sargent.  I rewrote the description to clarify this and we'll get it posted in the next week.  We are collecting all the feedback world wide and reconciling it for a final set of changes.

As a side note, I got the clear feedback that you'd be interested in a more comfortable, non-heated seat option. 

Thanks,
aaronzeromoto

As someone who is currently sitting on an Air Hawk seat pad, you would be right.   ;)

P.S. my next motorcycle purchase will be a 2014 Zero S - so get the seat ready for me.   :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 10:36:43 PM »

I've been doing very rough dirt rides all week using the Corbin seat for a lower stand-over height but man is my butt sore now! I'll continue to use it because I can't see how a softer seat could be made without increasing the height over what the Corbin seat is.

On a very scary section of trail yesterday it was comforting to know I could get my feet on the ground, if I needed to and I have lowered my front fork the max 1", I'd like to have a rear shock that was 1/2" shorter giving me a 1" lower at the rear. BTW - I'm 6' 3". Maybe Zero should offer a shorter shock in the accessory store for those of us who don't try to catch "big air".

Trikester

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 03:45:15 PM »

Hi Aaron, any news about Zero selling bikes in Australia? Have been waiting over 2 years to buy a Zero, have noticed the  2013 models have been approved RCVS for Australian design rules.

http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=2881.0
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:29:16 PM by firepower »

EastSider

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 02:53:04 AM »

Has anyone tried the new DS windscreen on their 2013 S or DS? If so, what was it like? I imagine it might increase range a tad by decreasing wind drag.

Cheers, EastSider

Humancom

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »

Hope to get my DS this week, with screen.  ;D

Let you know how that goes!

aaronzeromoto

• View Profile
    • Zero Motorcycles
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 10:06:55 PM »

I have the Dual Sport Screen (10-05723) on my Zero DS.  It definitely reduces the wind on my chest especially when I am in a tuck.  I believe it does help a little with range, but I have no hard data to prove it.  I like the look of it on the Zero DS the most.

It's my understanding that the Commuter Screen (p/n 10-05722), which extends higher, will do more to improve range.  Again, no hard data to prove it, but that was the general feedback from our test riders.

Please post your feedback on your findings.

Regards,
aaronzeromoto
@aaronzeromoto
Zero Motorcycles
Director of Customer Experience

2018 Zero DSR + 6kW Charge Tank
2016 Zero FXS
2015 Zero DS + 2.5 kW Charge Tank
2014 Zero SR + Power Tank
2013 Zero DS ZF11.4, Zero FX ZF5.7 and Zero XU 2.8
2007 Yamaha V Star

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 03:26:57 AM »

I am convinced that the Zero (Slipstreamer Spit-Fire) windshield on my 2012 Zero S contributes to the bike's range, compared with riding "naked".  I have ridden both with and without the windshield over the same route and the windshield really seems to help with both comfort and range.  Now I never take if off.   :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

EastSider

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 09:11:45 AM »

I am convinced that the Zero (Slipstreamer Spit-Fire) windshield on my 2012 Zero S contributes to the bike's range, compared with riding "naked".  I have ridden both with and without the windshield over the same route and the windshield really seems to help with both comfort and range.  Now I never take if off.   :)
I have the Dual Sport Screen (10-05723) on my Zero DS.  It definitely reduces the wind on my chest especially when I am in a tuck.  I believe it does help a little with range, but I have no hard data to prove it.  I like the look of it on the Zero DS the most.

It's my understanding that the Commuter Screen (p/n 10-05722), which extends higher, will do more to improve range.  Again, no hard data to prove it, but that was the general feedback from our test riders.

Please post your feedback on your findings.

Regards,
aaronzeromoto

Great, thanks! Sounds like a worthy accessory.

EastSider

WindRider

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 09:31:15 AM »

I have the 2012 "Summer Screen" on my 12 DS and it improves range on the highway.   I have ridden the same route with and without it and get a little more range with the shield on.

2008 Yamaha WR250R 
Past E Bikes:  2010 Zero XU, 2012 Zero DS9, 2013 FX5.7

Blotman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 05:01:09 AM »

I bought the RAM X-Grip a month ago. The thing has been working great up until last Friday, where I inadvertently found its limitations; uneven surfaces at highway speed. You can see in this video that I lose my phone in the blink of an eye. Needless to say, I am furious and would NOT recommend this as a mounting solution!

On a separate note, you can also see that I've installed the commuter windscreen on my bike. I think it looks great, and the winds at 65 feels like it does at 55 without the screen. Doesn't sound like much, but if you're spending a good amount of time on the highway this thing makes a difference.
'13 Zero S ZF12.5, '15 Zero SR ZF12.5

vchampain

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »

How much does it increase your range ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3