• April 29, 2024, 10:20:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New owner!  (Read 2131 times)

CliC

• View Profile
Re: Re: New owner!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 03:59:24 AM »

Watching lane splitting always makes me pucker. Maybe it's something you get used to.

Me too. But there are days sitting in traffic in 95-degree weather in Houston when I wish I could do it.
Bikes: 2012 Zero DS ZF9, 2000 Harley Road King (sold), 1985 Suzuki GN400 (sold)
Ride log

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: New owner!
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 06:33:01 AM »

Watching lane splitting always makes me pucker. Maybe it's something you get used to.

Me too. But there are days sitting in traffic in 95-degree weather in Houston when I wish I could do it.

Oh, I grew up in Houston and this sounds terrible. While I cannot endorse law-breaking, I think this satisfies the sympathy condition! Move to keep yourself from heat exhaustion! Drivers will likely understand, especially if you do it judiciously.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

vitaminC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 07:32:45 AM »

If I couldn't lane split, I probably wouldn't be riding. Even with my short commute, it shaves off a lot of time.

I would, however, like to be on a smaller bike when I'm splitting. Something like a Zero, perhaps  8)

Start of my commute. Traffic can be much worse than what's shown... (please excuse the lousy camera work, that was my first attempt with the GoPro)

Blotman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 10:01:02 AM »

A Zero definitely does feel tiny, yet not cramped. And I am a small guy myself. For my last bike, I chose the BMW F800R because of it's qualities as a commuter; narrow, light weight, low seat height, plenty of torque, and amazing fuel economy! The Zero S is just so much better at all those qualities, and is also the same naked standard form factor that I love! There's also the fact that I never think about my bike stalling because there's a chance I fumble the clutch. This is great when I filter up to the red lights, and want to just launch away from all the cars without a moment's worry when that light turns green.

I find it disheartening when people compare a Zero to other motorcycles based on its range, it's charge time, and its cost (those are the three things I keep getting asked about). This has been my primary mode of transportation for the past couple weeks. Maybe I'm a different kind of rider, but when I'm on this thing I'm only thinking about how much better this feels than other motorcycles I've ridden, and how much easier this has made my life. I don't care if I can't do more than 80 miles of highway riding. I wouldn't want to do that on my F800R anyway as the vibrations of the handlebars make my hands irritably numb.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:03:08 AM by Blotman »
'13 Zero S ZF12.5, '15 Zero SR ZF12.5
Pages: 1 [2]