• April 28, 2024, 02:26:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Transporting your anti-theft device  (Read 1062 times)

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
Transporting your anti-theft device
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:38:03 PM »

I'm sharing the method I'm using as I'm parking in "difficult" places.

-First picture is my first solution: I have a ABUS chain which attached to a disc blocker. Futhermore it's got a very lood electronic alarm. I put it in the front "fuel tank" box but it take a lot of space in it, so no more room for the rain suit.

-On picture 2 and 3 I have a U-lock because one of my parking place has a hook to small for the chain to go in whereas the U-lock fit. So I highly modified a U-lock holder to secure the U-lock. I've used the lateral hole on the topcase mounting to fit the holder. To avoid any rotation on the holder I used cyanolate glue which is really powerfull on metallic plate.
With this solution I can still use the tank box to put my top rain suit

-On the last picture is the U-lock holder when I didn't have the top-case mounting. I used the saddle bolt to fix it.

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
Re: Transporting your anti-theft device
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 04:20:42 AM »

I'm sharing the method I'm using as I'm parking in "difficult" places.

-First picture is my first solution: I have a ABUS chain which attached to a disc blocker. Futhermore it's got a very lood electronic alarm. I put it in the front "fuel tank" box but it take a lot of space in it, so no more room for the rain suit.

-On picture 2 and 3 I have a U-lock because one of my parking place has a hook to small for the chain to go in whereas the U-lock fit. So I highly modified a U-lock holder to secure the U-lock. I've used the lateral hole on the topcase mounting to fit the holder. To avoid any rotation on the holder I used cyanolate glue which is really powerfull on metallic plate.
With this solution I can still use the tank box to put my top rain suit

-On the last picture is the U-lock holder when I didn't have the top-case mounting. I used the saddle bolt to fix it.

A Zero is theft proof, no? So rare it is conspicuous. No secondary market that common bikes have. I never worry about theft.  Stealing a Zero is like stealing an antique. The thief isn't going to ride it to work and can't sell it, so why steal it?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 04:47:10 AM »

A Zero is theft proof, no? So rare it is conspicuous. No secondary market that common bikes have. I never worry about theft.  Stealing a Zero is like stealing an antique. The thief isn't going to ride it to work and can't sell it, so why steal it?

While I agree that Zero theft is a low risk, rationally, motorcycles do get stolen for joy rides (and then abandoned). But right now, Zero is obscure. I don't even think many people recognize it for what it is in the first place - I haven't even had a break-in on the "tank" compartment.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

vchampain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »

IN France at least insurance works only if you use a lock..
Zturbo : there is a Xena lock model that fits just in the front case. I let the big chain attached in the street near my place, and use the Xena Lock elsewhere.

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »

And in France someone will steal your Zero so he has a bigger battery for his stolen iPhone.....
Pages: [1]