• April 29, 2024, 01:24:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I won't sell my 2013 DS.....  (Read 825 times)

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
I won't sell my 2013 DS.....
« on: November 06, 2013, 02:05:10 PM »

So the 2014 models are out. Many words about improved this, improved that..... I was a little nervous as a 2013 owner that the 2014 will be so different and better. But as I said many words but mainly for advertising, and it's normal as Zero is here to sell motorcycles !!!
So let see:
-new suspensions: yes the 43mm front fork will be an improvement BUT it's still FASTACE suspension, and for the rear you can see the shock on the S studio pictures, it seems also a FASTACE.
-Fuel tank 2.8kw battery: but I need my storage here !!! I'm riding with my aircraft type wheeled luggage at the rear when going to work so my rain coat and my door remote controls are in the fuel tank bag. It's so conveniant !!!
-new tires: so these are the continental finaly. Well that's an easy part to change as soon as it will worn out on my 2013 DS.
-New brakes: just the rear one, and depending of your regen setting and use of the rear brake you will need it or not. On the test S of my dealer the rear brake was easy to lock but not on my DS, don't know why. With my eco 100% regen braking I don't use the rear brake so much. Remember that the most power is coming from the front brake and I think it's unchanged.
-frame mods: I think there's just a new plate for the optional mini-battery, which is said to increase rigidity.... hum, hum.... I read that the swingarm bearings where bigger but I don't remember where. Don't know if it's true because that will be a change in the frame molding which cost a lot, but I may be wrong.
-And to finish the new dash-lighting. But have a look on the studio footage: the light is exactly the same, only the instrument cluster is different to fit the rear of the lighting casting. And the new instrument and Sport/eco/custom switch are nice but small improvement over the 2013's

So as a conclusion: first they may be mistakes on the overhead statement, I'm just getting up, haven't got any coffee yet and in bad mood !!!
And also I don't wan't to under-estimated the work at ZERO Motorcycle: the 2014 are simply great. But as some of you already stated, Zero had done such a great job with battery-motor-ESC combo that the rest is just small improvements but GOOD improvements. Small may not be the good word, may be non-critical would be better.
Same with the SR, it's an evolution over the S. Which means that the standard S is a really dam good bike !!!
Have a good and safe ride !
Laurent

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
Re: I won't sell my 2013 DS.....
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 03:48:33 PM »

I think its us 2012 owners who are salivating more.
Don't get me wrong, I love my ZF9 and won't be trading it in at the moment, but boy the 2014's are really seriously nice.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900
Pages: [1]