• April 29, 2024, 08:10:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I'm installing the "Rolls" of the heated grips !!!  (Read 1438 times)

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
I'm installing the "Rolls" of the heated grips !!!
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »

Yes I know, I've been putting many pictures on the forum these days. I hope it helped some of you. And why am I doing all these mods ? Simple, I commute with the bike. The more bad the weather is, the more I need to be on a bike because trafic jam become bigger and bigger as soon as it's raining, cold, don't even talk of snow !!!
So all my bikes have: heated grips, hand grip covers, Urbano Tucano to cover the leg, anti-theft like U-lock+holder on the frame, multiple lights system. I even have heated seat on all my bikes but I think it's not usefull: you get just a small part of your butt hot and all the rest is cold, brrrrr !!!

So I'm gonna put the best heated grips with have here in Europe: the oxford ones. On the top of the line there are 3 models: Adventure, touring and sports. On the DS I should say let's go for the adventure model but NOOOOO !!!
Have a look on one of the picture: you will see the standard lengh of the grip and the reduce one if you cut the end. I had to choose the sport ones to fit the ZERO and I like the diamond grip without any "gel" damper, you are in direct with your steering !!!

My dealer told me to come and have a look if we need to update the firmware of the bike, said that I might need it so the stroboscopic lights, led blinkers, heat grips, 12V plug for the smartphone and noise devices won't interfere with the onboard electronics. For now (without the heat grips) I had no problem at all.

to be continued.....

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
Re: I'm installing the "Rolls" of the heated grips !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:48:20 PM »

I have the same but the touring version. See my thread about them because they don't fit!

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 12:29:15 AM »

Have you had any luck installing these yet?

Crawling Finn

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 01:25:30 AM »

I've got the sport ones fitted on my S They work a treat but are a bit too long. Touring version should fit best as they can be trimmed to 110 mm. You could then just fit some after market bar ends to finish it off nicely.

Sami

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 03:11:37 AM »

I planned to just shuffle the switchgear and mirror mounts inboard slightly to give room for the grips.

Crawling Finn

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 01:08:37 PM »

You will need to drill new guide holes to the bars as the switch gear has locating lugs on them. Not that it should be any problem though.

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »

I didnt realise that.  I may have to cut the grips down but I wanted to avoid it as it is very difficult to get a clean cut.

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 04:39:31 PM »

My installation is going on, I don't move anything as I don't want to put another hole in the bar. You have to fill a little the diamond pike on the left side so the grip fit and NEVER use the Super Glue provided with the kit: it's to fast !!!
I will post pictures maybe next week but I'm doing many things at the same time: 12V socket, new switch for both the strobe lights and sound on the same switch, Gaucho, Hand grip cover, smartphone holder, windscreen.........

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 04:44:03 AM »

So for the left side you need to sand a little with a filler to cut the diamond picks on the bar (first picture). The DON'T use the Super Glue provided but a slow poluyrethane glue (second picture).

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 04:46:15 AM »

I used ODI mountain bike plugs as bar ends, on side screwed the other glued (picture 1).
No real problem on the right side (picture 2)

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 04:48:00 AM »

and last 2 pictures for the right side...

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »

I've installed the switching board on the left near the "sport-eco" switch. All the cables+cables from the 12V socket are going on the empty right side.
Pages: [1]