• April 29, 2024, 04:40:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Serious issues & unacceptable customer service - why some won't buy Zero again  (Read 7965 times)

dkw12002

• View Profile

I love my Zero. Not  having to warm it up in cooler weather and using it for short trips makes it my bike of choice. That built-in storage is nice too. I can see myself buying another Zero. It is my second. I owned a 2011 S too, but the 2013 model is so much better in all respects. I rode it today. Jumped on it, zipped over to Subway 1.4 miles away. Then back home and plugged her in. Done. I rode my other bikes too...Warm up 2-3 minutes, ride away slowly so I don't stress the engine, ride at least 10 min. even if I didn't need to just to get the oil up to temp, battery charged, seals lubricated, and moisture burned out of the exhaust, and eventually get through a tank of gas so I can put new gas in sometime this winter.

NoiseBoy

• View Profile

I am a person who will never buy a zero again, and I tell all and sundry to avoid the products made by Zero. My experience with the MX has been traumatic in the extreme.

Rather than posting the same thing all over the forum, maybe you could explain what actually happened with your MX and what was so traumatic?

nicktulloh

• View Profile

"And by the way solving a costumer issue on a seriously defective bike should not involve my mother, my friend or what I can change in my life so that it works. It should be about either refunding or fixing !"

One standard solution, in almost any retail situation, that you aren't posing is replacement with a like OR BETTER product.

Zero has apparently (your plaintive posts are a little short on specifics) offered that and because of your SPECIFIC SITUATION, it doesn't work for you. I would hazard a guess that it WOULD work for 99% of customers and they would be happy about it.

Perhaps it's all perspective. Those of us who have been around for a while (I got my mc license 41 years ago) are more likely to have a hard time not so much with your disappointment in the situation, but your childish response.

As with ANY retail situation, there are going to be dissatisfied customers. Some with cause, some without. Some resolved, some not. I sincerely hope all Zero customers get their issues resolved. I sincerely doubt that, given the overwhelmingly positive response from the vast majority, the problem rests solely with Zero. Crappy individual dealers? Quite possible, and I wish you all the best if that's the situation.

If I read one more post where the complainer goes off the deep end because one or two emails or tweets or twops have gone unanswered - I'm going to puke.

vchampain

• View Profile

Nicktulloh - We're not talking about a few mails without answers, but 200 days without solution. I do not understand your agressivity and the judgmental way you're commenting. In most of the world an acceptable solution is not one that looks great for the seller of a faulty product, but one that solves the customer issue ! And I told them it was not ok...

Now for a more positive message : i got my messages finally answered and it looks that a solution could be close. If this materializes, we can delete this topic  and replace it with a "how to escalate issues FAQ". Because, as explained, this is not about commenting, criticizing or "puking". Or explaining that catastrophic issues are rare (so what ? they should be ignored or let without solution ???). But about ensuring issues get solutions, and bikes stay on the road rather than in the repair shop...

nicktulloh

• View Profile

Nicktulloh - We're not talking about a few mails without answers, but 200 days without solution. I do not understand your agressivity and the judgmental way you're commenting. In most of the world an acceptable solution is not one that looks great for the seller of a faulty product, but one that solves the customer issue ! And I told them it was not ok...

I disagree. If the proposed solution would satisfy 99% of the customers, that's almost the definition of a satisfactory solution.

Perhaps I'm over-reacting due to the way this thread was opened and the ongoing evasiveness.

The Zero is a small but extremely important part of the solution to the critical mess the earth is in. For all practical purposes it's cutting edge, just like the Tesla.There are always going to be teething pains in cutting edge technologies. It may be that Zero, or a dealer, or dealers, have dropped the ball. There's a great deal of anecdotal evidence that they're doing a lot right, too.

Frankly, if the way these few problems were presented to Zero and/or their dealer(s), starting with the title of the thread, mirrors the way they've been presented on this thread, no small amount of the blame lies with the owners, too.

vchampain

• View Profile

Well this happened this way :

- serious issues on XU, and as a replacement we bought an additional new one - expecting some reactivity on fixing the old one as a result
   - 3 months at dealership, no news !
     => lots of emails & asking complaining from me (and sincerly, I have much better things to do than this)
   - a proposition that does not match my needs, which I do not consider as a solution
   - 3 more months without news, or anything looking like a solution
     => more mails, complaining & so. No news until a few days ago

I do not think I was ever overexpecting (that's 6 months without the bike), I did escalate properly (talked calmly with dealers and explained what I would have to do to force them to find a solution after such an unacceptable delay), and do not think I was faulty for anything - really I was quite open and my priority was only to be able to stop worrying about this.

And yes probably part of the structural solution (ie not only fixing my issue, which would make my chrismas much happier, but ensuring complex case are better managed) is for Zero to track issues stopping bikes with no solution for more than say, 40 days. Because, as many mentionned, it is the better way to detect bad interactions between customers / dealers / regional Zero / global Zero, and ensure that no customer is stuck, whatever the complexity.

Maybe I'm a bit naive, but even if my personal issue look on a path to a solution, I would really like that, for the future, no customer is stuck in a similar situation so that I can warmly recommend Zero to anybody asking me where I got mine ! And really, this would benefit the whole customer communauty - even the ones without solutions, but who might want to resell a bike someday...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 01:12:24 PM by vchampain »

nicktulloh

• View Profile

I give up.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]