• April 27, 2024, 08:07:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Zero 2014 Model Speculations  (Read 13580 times)

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
Re: Zero 2014 Model Speculations
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2013, 01:25:41 AM »

I imagine the new dash is CAN based so I don't see why not, i'm sure you could fab up a mounting bracket in no time.

Tudor

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2013, 06:39:29 PM »

Yeah, I noticed the missing MX and XU models.

Are e-moto's really "toys for the rich"?

I'm curious because (1) Colorado dropped it's $6000 tax rebate for emoto's and the dealer told me it has had no impact on sales.  (2) I recently visited the Zero factory and was told that the typical Zero owner views price as a "minor concern".  And (3) Zero's 2014 lineup is all about high-end (and high-price).

I'd think the 'toys for the rich' may be true today but in a couple of years, all you pioneers - the Zero riders of today, have paved the road for a bigger market. Then, the XU will (would) make very much sense for the mass market and might become their most selling model.

The electric motorcycle scene is still very young and attracts most early-adopters and people with genuine interest in electrics. This will change (already is) and if Zero is expecting this attitude 'price is not an issue' they will see market shares taken overnight when other brands release their (cheaper) electric bike.
Why buy a expensive Zero if you can get a cheaper electric Honda/Suz/Kaw/ - Most people I talk to only know the Zero brand because I talk of it all the time..

Well... speculations from my point of view of course...

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2013, 07:36:40 PM »

Yeah, I noticed the missing MX and XU models.

Are e-moto's really "toys for the rich"?

I'm curious because (1) Colorado dropped it's $6000 tax rebate for emoto's and the dealer told me it has had no impact on sales.  (2) I recently visited the Zero factory and was told that the typical Zero owner views price as a "minor concern".  And (3) Zero's 2014 lineup is all about high-end (and high-price).

I'd think the 'toys for the rich' may be true today but in a couple of years, all you pioneers - the Zero riders of today, have paved the road for a bigger market. Then, the XU will (would) make very much sense for the mass market and might become their most selling model.

The electric motorcycle scene is still very young and attracts most early-adopters and people with genuine interest in electrics. This will change (already is) and if Zero is expecting this attitude 'price is not an issue' they will see market shares taken overnight when other brands release their (cheaper) electric bike.
Why buy a expensive Zero if you can get a cheaper electric Honda/Suz/Kaw/ - Most people I talk to only know the Zero brand because I talk of it all the time..

Well... speculations from my point of view of course...

mate, good speculations. but the biggies on the ICE bikes face the Kodak chemical film dilemma ... (remember there was a Kodak company ignoring digital photography...).
They cannibalise their ICE sales if the focus on electrics. yet alone their R&D etc. (And I work for now one of the traditionals - not in another industry) will have a HARD TIME to really move to new tech.
bottom line. both techs will have a place in future.
my personal opinion is that I sold all my ICE bikes as they are the worst for environment that can be. and I love my Zero (now old but the newest one could get in OZ).....
so my 2cents and WAKE UP Australia and kick arse of that carbon heavy politics....
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]