• April 29, 2024, 02:22:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Serious issues & unacceptable customer service - why some won't buy Zero again  (Read 7964 times)

ZeroLover

• View Profile

No I'm not representing any firm. I just found myself trapped in a nightmare scenario, and realized I was not alone. I also found that many of us were not really willing to voice the issue or did not now how to face complex issues with a company organized in a way that makes it difficult to answer the problem. Having some experience on this, I decided to help. For me, the problem is not that someone decides to ignore our issues, but that organization, supply chain & resources allocations make it almost impossible to solve these cases unless the company sees the real cost of harming customers like this, or they understand that some customers are stuck somewhere.

We did the escalation the right way - dealer, zero. Then nothing happened - except, very recently, for Trevor but nothing for the other ones. Plus email to me explaining that they're managing issues on a case by case basis - but looks more like a defense for the guy in charge and an attempt to split an union of rightfully angry customers.

But if the cases mentioned get a solution, i'll happy to tell it. If Zero adapts its process so that no user can stay 6 months with a broken bike an no solution, i'll be the first to delete this topic. 

As explained, goal is not to seek revenge or to harm a company that makes products that can be great if they work correctly, but to find solution for unacceptable customer service cases. And it is every user's interest... Maybe I don't do it the perfect way - and any feedback on how to make it quicker is welcomed - but excessive criticism or innuendos are misplaced : we have serious & real problems, and are trapped in a situation with no solution. This is not acceptable.

WindRider

• View Profile

ZeroLover, do you own a Zero bike?  If so, what?

ZeroLover, do you own a Zero Motorcycle or have you ever ridden one?
2008 Yamaha WR250R 
Past E Bikes:  2010 Zero XU, 2012 Zero DS9, 2013 FX5.7

nicktulloh

• View Profile

I just found myself trapped in a nightmare scenario, and realized I was not alone.

What happened with yours?

ZeroLover

• View Profile

Several issues & dysfunctions. The smallest one were fixed after some weeks. After some time the bike was very difficult to start, and stopped without notice.

The problem is probably partly the dealer, and partly inside zero. The core issue is that there are quality issues (some well know here - the glitch, the click sound, the wetness preventing the battery from working correctly, the recalls,...), and for some unfortunate users, probably with 10 % probably or maybe lower, with multiple known issues and some less known you end up months without a bike, nobody telling you what's happening and when in will stop, and nobody caring. For me brand management is ensuring customers are happy, whatever the issues, and making sure no customer is trapped in the 4th dimension - in the cases I mentioned no bike, no info for months. Hence the efforts to make these cases known, fixed and process adapted so that future customer avoid this. And minimizing the issues - they are all genuine, and probably only a small share of the total - or trying to discredit the messenger is not the right way to handle this ! Also, the fact that the newer model seem better is no reason to ignore early adopters who suffered issues, significant value loss & early adopters risks !

kcoplan

• View Profile
Wow -- it's like I was dealing with a completely different company
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2013, 02:41:35 AM »

Had to send my '12 S back to California for glitch 2.0 motor replacement/encoder potting/throttle issues.  They had the bike for about eight weeks -- which was generally OK since I was away on vacation during that time.  Both Zero and the dealer (Carbon (-) in NYC) were generally responsive and communicated well.  Took a little longer to get the bike back than I would have preferred, but I never felt like I was being ignored.  And my wife went ahead and bought a '13 XU this Fall after seeing my experience with Zero.

--Karl

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
Re: Wow -- it's like I was dealing with a completely different company
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2013, 03:19:12 AM »

Had to send my '12 S back to California for glitch 2.0 motor replacement/encoder potting/throttle issues.  They had the bike for about eight weeks -- which was generally OK since I was away on vacation during that time.  Both Zero and the dealer (Carbon (-) in NYC) were generally responsive and communicated well.  Took a little longer to get the bike back than I would have preferred, but I never felt like I was being ignored.  And my wife went ahead and bought a '13 XU this Fall after seeing my experience with Zero.

--Karl

Since 2011 have had nothing but positive experiences with Zero and my dealer on every issue. For those who describe "nightmare" service issues I can't help but wonder what they contributed to the communications and other problems they experienced. 

Richard230

• View Profile

I kind of wonder how the 100 2012 bikes that were sold to the Bogota police are working out?
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

WindRider

• View Profile

ZeroLover,   Your inability to answer a direct and simple question multiple times almost certainly makes you a lawyer.
2008 Yamaha WR250R 
Past E Bikes:  2010 Zero XU, 2012 Zero DS9, 2013 FX5.7

Brammofan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

ZeroLover,   Your inability to answer a direct and simple question multiple times almost certainly makes you a lawyer.
LOL! I resemble that comment!
2010 Brammo Enertia

nicktulloh

• View Profile

Several issues & dysfunctions. The smallest one were fixed after some weeks. After some time the bike was very difficult to start, and stopped without notice.

The problem is probably partly the dealer, and partly inside zero. The core issue is that there are quality issues (some well know here - the glitch, the click sound, the wetness preventing the battery from working correctly, the recalls,...), and for some unfortunate users, probably with 10 % probably or maybe lower, with multiple known issues and some less known you end up months without a bike, nobody telling you what's happening and when in will stop, and nobody caring. For me brand management is ensuring customers are happy, whatever the issues, and making sure no customer is trapped in the 4th dimension - in the cases I mentioned no bike, no info for months. Hence the efforts to make these cases known, fixed and process adapted so that future customer avoid this. And minimizing the issues - they are all genuine, and probably only a small share of the total - or trying to discredit the messenger is not the right way to handle this ! Also, the fact that the newer model seem better is no reason to ignore early adopters who suffered issues, significant value loss & early adopters risks !

What model do you have?

mehve

• View Profile

I kinda feel like we've all been trolled by ZeroLover.

+m
Rides a 2013 Zero S 11.4

DesignerDan

• View Profile

Zerolover works for Brammo

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog

Zerolover works for Brammo

Do you have any evidence to back that up, DesignerDan? If not, let's try to avoid trolling each other.

This entire thread is turning into a witch hunt, and I don't think that's helpful to anyone. Nor is legal action, unless Zero truly is refusing to honor their warranties.. and there's a wealth of anecdotes here that show that is not the case.

I'd love to hear from ZeroLover or any of the complainants about their experiences escalating the problems within Zero, as I feel this is the correct route for resolution.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

DesignerDan

• View Profile

No, I was just joking around. This whole thread seems a bit odd. I'm not sure what zerolover's angle is. He still hasn't said whether or not he owns a Zero. It seems he's representing someone or a group of people.

vchampain

• View Profile

I did not want to post here, but it looks like this discussion turns into a stalinian trial. Instead we should be looking for solutions...

I had a very bad experience, and it is not over. I bought a XU after discussing here with a canadian XU owner. The bike stopped working after a few months, in april/may, was back to the dealer in june and since then
   - no news for 3 months
   - then they proposed me a solution which proved of no value for me
   - no news since then, except that they think that their initial solution is "all they can do"

So basically I bought a bike, which I have been unable to use for 6 months, with no acceptable solution - ie fixing the bike or refunding me. I wrote to Zero, with no result.  When you see the speed at which these bikes lose their value (no secondhand market), and the fact that XU models has been stopped, 6 months means 30 % of the value of the bike.

This is what I call a REALLY AWFULL bad customer experience. And i'm glad others had better experiences, but it really does not make me feel better. Right now, i don't see any other option that giving the case to a lawyer : dealer says he can't do anything and Zero stick to its proposition which I dont want (i want the bike fixed or refunded). Pretending that it does not happen, or that it is the customer's fault is really ridiculous. And I can tell you i'm not alone : craig, the user which initially advised me to buy an XU also had an awfull experience, and I heared he finally scrapped it to stop worrying about it.

So yes, very bad customer experiences do exist. Yes Zero should do something about it but does not seem to do it. And probably, yes other customer should know this is a real risk - unless it is fixed. Which is not the case today.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:15:05 PM by vchampain »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6