• April 29, 2024, 06:32:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: On with the Motor mount  (Read 664 times)

brokinspokes78

• View Profile
On with the Motor mount
« on: June 22, 2017, 04:52:04 AM »

O.K so i have my Solenoid contactor figured out for my 2011 Zero Xu rebuild. I went with A Sol-600 Solenoid contactor to provide power from my 58V battery to my Alltrax 650 and A brand new Agni 95R.
 Next is mounting the Agni. I was able to find a mounting bracket From Kartmasters.com (France) I purchased it with shipping it came to a little over $60. There will be mor fab work to do to the existing bracket, but it's a good start since the bracket from Kartmasters.com allows the Agni to be mounted using the M6 mounting points on the outer edge. By doing this It will allow me to keep the sprocket as close to the shaft bearing as possible. Which is ideal and recommended by Cedric Lynch. For chain and sprocket driven set ups using the Agni motor. I could only find a few not very good pics on the web, showing the configuration of the mounting bracket on the older Zero bikes that used the Agni Motor. From what I can see it appears that Zero used the four existing M8 mounting points on the Agni motor to mount to a plate, which in turn bolts between the existing top and bottom brackets on the bike frame. It allows for adjustment of the chain tension. Can anyone confirm this? If so I see a flaw in the design, If you use the four M8 mounting points, it puts about a half inch of aluminum between the motor and the mounting bracket on the bike. The result is having to put a spacer bushing on the shaft of the Agni to compensate the correct location of the drive sprocket alignment. Doing so would cause unnecessary load on the shaft and motor, which i think would also cause more heat. Perhaps this is why the 2012 and older bikes suffered from over heating? I can't help but notice the newer Zero's modified the design of the motor mounts so that the Z54R take full advantage of the use of the shaft (sprocket seated as close to the bearing as possible with just enough clearance for the chain.)  For now it's Just a Theory, any thoughts on this?
Brokinspokes78: 2011 Zero Xu Agni95R Alltrax4865

Mattbastard

• View Profile
Re: On with the Motor mount
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:00:17 AM »

How's this coming along?  I've got the same XU as well that I'm stripping down to replace the pack and unnecessary electronics (MBB) and motor upgrade options are slim.  The only thing I've found that fits in the frame rails is the ME1004, and that's only 48V as well. 
Pages: [1]