• April 29, 2024, 02:06:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My homemade 'Supercharger' for a Zero  (Read 7711 times)

skoleskibe

• View Profile
Re: My homemade 'Supercharger' for a Zero
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 07:16:21 PM »

Well lets see, bought them, know the guy from the dieselbike world ;D

They'r rather light compared to my 1kw quiq charger. ;D

still need to get the level 2 chargestations to "open the gates". >:(

Any one have hands on experiences programming these "superchargers" to 56-57v a piece? :-X

any one have a link to the complete anderson powerpoles sbs 75x needed to connect the darn thing to the bike?, not only the housing!

any one knowing what the two smaller connectors are for on the anderson's

wijnand71

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 03:08:55 AM »

Any one have hands on experiences programming these "superchargers" to 56-57v a piece? :-X

I think you can find it here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=71139&start=75
Search for posts of user Remmie1972

It seems possible to reprogram permanently the Flatpacks to 57V.

wijnand71

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 03:15:21 AM »

I'm wondering how many amps are being pulled on the primary 230V side when you put two of these Flatpacks in series and configured to max current. The datasheet says 11.6Amps at full load, but how does this work when you put two of them in series? Since the output current stays the same when putting two in series.. I'm confused a bit here  :-\

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 04:26:22 AM »

@remmie: Cool project ;)

I'd like to ease into this to DIY-'supercharge' my DSR on the go, so I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept. The power supply's i found on the net have edge connectors for being inserted into PSU blocks in telco server rooms, are these the ones you used? And am I right in thinking that the sensing pins need nothing but a resistor and/or a diode to be told to deliver the 20 amps?
My plan is to build a modular system where I can choose to slow-charge @ home, powertank on level 1 chargers, and powertank (4kW) with 4kW DIY charger on-the-go, in a sort of pluggable way so I can use Schuko, J1772 and Mennekes for charging...

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 02:59:09 PM »

I'm wondering how many amps are being pulled on the primary 230V side when you put two of these Flatpacks in series and configured to max current. The datasheet says 11.6Amps at full load, but how does this work when you put two of them in series? Since the output current stays the same when putting two in series.. I'm confused a bit here  :-\

When calculating currents and volts from primary to secondary side it is easier to use wattage (power). Power out is power in times the efficiency in percentages.

if the output is at maximum current they deliver 2000 Watts. With an efficiency of 95% they draw 2000/0.95 = 2100 Watts from the mains EACH. 2 flatpacks in series is 2x 2100 Watt which equals 4200 Watt.
If the voltage is 230 Volt then the total current is 18.3 Amps (4200W/230V).

18.3 amps is more than 16 A (which is the normal rated current of the circuit breaker) BUT a circuit breaker has a characteristic which allows for 1.13 times the nominal current to be supplied for 3600 seconds (1 hour) before it trips. 1.13 times 16 Amps = a little over 18 amps so it is possible to use 2 flatpacks in series on 1 230 Volt outlet but only barely.

If you have just 2 flatpacks it is better is to use the three phase system (mennekes connector) and put the onboard charger on phase 1, the first flatpack on phase  2 and the second flatpack on phase 3. The onboard charger makes sure the contactor is activated. This way the currents are 6, 9 and 9 amps for the 3 phases.

If you have 4 flatpacks (for 80 amps output to the zero) it becomes more difficult on a three phase system. a 11 kW charging station COULD disconnect the supply after a few minutes (I've had that happen a few times. A 22 kW charging station should pose no problems as it has 32Amps output capabilities.

The stated 11.6 amps at full load but also at minimum input voltage !!
2100 Watts divided by 11.6 amps = 180 Volts.
So at 180 Volts input the flatpack draws 11.6 amps at full load.
But at 230 Volts input the flatpack draws 9.1 Amps at full load

Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)
Pages: 1 [2]