News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: LEDs  (Read 1274 times)

ut-zero

• View Profile
LEDs
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »

I added a pair of Denali DM Micro lights as well as some LED blinkers and brakes.  The Denali lights are nice to have at night.  Definitely worth it.

DesignerDan

• View Profile
Re: LEDs
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:51:24 AM »

I love what you've done with the bike. How did you get the kickstand, pegs, forks, ect... black? I made the mistake of spray painting those parts. Bad idea. Either powder coat of anodization would probably work better.

ut-zero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:17:42 PM »

I sprayed the plastic parts and front forks with SEM hotrod black.  Everything else was powdercoated.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:20:58 PM »

How's the light distribution with the Denalis mounted that low? Do you think it'd be worth figuring out how to mount them higher?

Which lens are you using, and are you just using them on high beam or both?
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

ut-zero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 11:00:36 PM »

How's the light distribution with the Denalis mounted that low? Do you think it'd be worth figuring out how to mount them higher?

Which lens are you using, and are you just using them on high beam or both?
They probably could have been just as easily mounted from the headlight bolts but I think they work well down low.  I liked the wider angle lens better than the narrow focus.  They are wired with an independent switch hooked up to the 12V accessory source, but essentially always on.  I also installed a headlight modulator with the high beam switch.  Why don't these come standard on all bikes?

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 11:35:53 PM »

I'm thinking about the Denali D4's...a bit more pricey but can you imagine what the road would look like with those?? I've been told there's 10A available on my SR so the load shouldn't be a problem.

I also like your brake light but I'm thinking about twisted throttle's "tail tidy" package instead. I hate that stupid gantry on the back of our bikes.

Very nice look overall, though. I hate the color of mine (one of the very first SRs, they may not have nailed the color yet...later ones I've seen look better), so I'm thinking about a facelift, and I'll have to think about black on black.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

ut-zero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 12:23:40 AM »

More zombies

and a flashing led brake light for $10.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:45:33 AM by ut-zero »
Pages: [1]