• April 29, 2024, 04:20:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Speedo calibration help..  (Read 1008 times)

Spires

• View Profile
Speedo calibration help..
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:28:09 AM »

Heya peeps.. I have a 2011ds with a 61t rear chain and a new 15t front along with the standard wheels (with dirt tires on them). Not exactly sure how the calculation goes for this setup. Anyone enlighten me? :)

trikester

• View Profile
Re: Speedo calibration help..
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:07:18 PM »

Here are the instructions for the 2013 but I think it's the same:

In order to adjust the speed/odometer calibration on your dash, you simply turn the bike on (you can leave it on its kickstand), and press the two dash buttons for a few seconds to get into the programming mode. You will then first see a “Pr” label with a set of numbers below it, which should read “405-00”.

The “405” is the factor that’s used in the odo/speedo calibration, and it is the product of both the rear tire radius and the gearing (i.e. they are not entered separately). If it does not read “405”, before you try changing it to better match your new tire size, please let me know the number that it does read (so that I can advise QC if it was entered in error).

As to what number you would change this to; if you know the new vs. OE tire radii, you could use these (as well as the difference in gearing ratios between the 25/132 OE belt and the 12/65 accessory chain), as an overall ratio by which to multiply the 405. Otherwise, it might just be a trial and error thing.

Please note that the labels on the dash buttons are backwards when you’re in the configuration screen; i.e. the bottom one labeled “adjust” does the selecting, and the top one labeled “select” does the adjusting; don’t ask me why Koso set it up this way…

As you keep pressing the select button (bottom one labeled adjust) to toggle between these numbers, it will take you to another set of numbers (labeled “Pu”), which should read “02P” and should be left that way. The next set of numbers (without a label) should read “Li-5” and again should be left that way.

As mentioned below, once you change your calibration on the dash, it will not match the App at all, since that has its own calibration values that are not user adjustable and were supposed to match the original dash calibration values.

End

That's from Zero eng. What I did was to change the number by five each time (lower to lower reading) and used my GPS to determine actual speed. I kept doing this over a period of several days until I got the correct speed reading. Note that he says you can't make the app read to match the speedo.

Trikester

m0t0-ryder

• View Profile
Re: Speedo calibration help..
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 11:06:04 PM »

There are significant differences in the way the 2011 and 2013 speedo's are "calibrated/set".
If you call Zero support they should be able to help you by providing the correct values and sequence for the model year needed.
I know they have documents (paper) that denote how to do this.
The "should" be able to email you the necessary info.
They "may" ask you to get it to a dealer though.
Pages: [1]