• April 29, 2024, 07:33:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Zero Support  (Read 6460 times)

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
Re: Zero Support
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 05:41:11 AM »

Cortezdtv can you elaborate on that? Do you mean that for Zeros owned in Massachusetts, Zero are obliged to provide a service manual? Reason I ask is as I live in Massachusetts, and our 2012 Zero's warranty is about to expire. And the snow's finally melting, so it will get some use again. Haven't been able to ride since New Year's eve.

"Earlier year machines"- there are still some new 2012 Zeros for sale - e.g. http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2012-Zero-DS-ZF6-112872853 - shouldn't require a magician to keep one running should it (to clarify - I'm not disagreeing with MotoRyder here, just raising the expectations problem again).

Peter

Yes, I beleive if you live there you may be able to get your hands on a copy, I was talking to a friend about it yesterday actually!!  I made the point that all of us do, without a service manual people can't worknon their own stuff etc etc; he told me about tesla having to give up the manual to owners; slightly a mute point if it comes with a non disclosure imo
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

peter

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 05:50:02 AM »

Thanks. I'll see what I can find out. A manual would certainly be a help. Not that I know much about electrickery - other than to try to keep the smoke inside the wires.

Peter

peter

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 06:00:51 AM »

Seems the MA "right to repair" law excludes motorcycles:

“Motor vehicle”, a vehicle, originally manufactured for distribution and sale in the United States, driven or drawn by mechanical power and manufactured primarily for use on public streets, roads and highways, but excluding:... blah blah... and (vii) a motorcycle, as defined in section 1 of chapter 90.

from - http://massrighttorepair.com/about/2013-right-to-repair-law/

ah well
Peter

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 11:02:19 AM »

Ugh. That's like the Florida lemon law here excludes motorcycles as well.
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »

Seems the MA "right to repair" law excludes motorcycles:

“Motor vehicle”, a vehicle, originally manufactured for distribution and sale in the United States, driven or drawn by mechanical power and manufactured primarily for use on public streets, roads and highways, but excluding:... blah blah... and (vii) a motorcycle, as defined in section 1 of chapter 90.

from - http://massrighttorepair.com/about/2013-right-to-repair-law/

ah well
Peter

Wow I'm stunned
That " Law" leaves a lot of room Ive gone through a lot trying to register "" motor vehicles" here in California from the earliest zeros to the latest zeros, and everything in between...

To me as soon as they say motor vehicle any motorized contraption is included that was one of the main points every highway patrol ever told me so I'm completely stunned this suddenly motorcycles are left out of that Massachusetts bill. I also believe it won't last because motorcycles will have to be adopted into it because you own a zero in Massachusetts I guarantee if you were to raise a big enough stink you would get a manual when Tesla had to turn over there's there probably wasn't that many electric motorcycles out there.
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

m0t0-ryder

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2015, 11:27:48 PM »

As far as I know there are NO "paper" Zero service manuals.
Dealerships do have access to "on line" service manuals for "most" model years..
To provide this access to the general public would require setting up a username password and most likely an NDA type agreement. I am pretty sure that Zero will not go there (currently).

I was working on a troubleshooting flowchart while there and hopefully some of the documents I generated have been handed onto the next person tasked with this endeavor.

CrashCash

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2015, 12:13:25 AM »

Yep, the online application that the dealers use is a Salesforce "cloud" application and each dealer has a user and password. I've had to help my local dealer's parts person figure out how to use it.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2015, 03:10:23 AM »

Yep, the online application that the dealers use is a Salesforce "cloud" application and each dealer has a user and password. I've had to help my local dealer's parts person figure out how to use it.

You work at Oracle, yet you use scare-quotes around the word 'cloud' and criticize a hardware startup company for not providing a service manual. As someone in the software industry who's interacted with Oracle from the outside, your general crankiness on this topic seems kind of hypocritical. Of course, I don't know where in the sprawling Oracle behemoth you work, but that company does not have a reputation for providing economical services or reliable products.

Also, sympathy for the startup situation might not come naturally to an Oracle employee.

I'm just saying that I don't find your rhetorical position on Zero to deserve as much credence as you presume.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

CrashCash

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »

[TL;DR deleted]

I don't care what you think. I want my service manual.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]