• April 29, 2024, 09:38:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2015 SR review by Rideapart  (Read 3329 times)

oobflyer

• View Profile
Re: 2015 SR review by Rideapart
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 10:20:33 AM »

After 2+ months of riding my 2015 SR, I can say that I love it... but mildly wish it had more power (my last bike was a Honda 1000RR).

Interesting - my last sport bike was a Honda CBR1000 - no doubt it was powerful, but at speeds below 100 MPH my SR feels more powerful. One big advantage is the fact that I don't have to be quick with the clutch and gearshift lever.

I've been telling everyone that it's a two-wheeled Tesla  ;-)
2021 Energica Ribelle, 2015 Zero SR, 2012 Zero ZF9, 2007 Vectrix VX-1 Li+, 2012 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Nissan Leaf, 2020 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model Y

dkw12002

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 06:34:03 PM »

The SR is probably safer than super bikes too. It's easy to make a mistake and get a whiskey throttle, or spin or lock up the rear wheel. Plus if you are like me, you just have to find out what 150 mph feels like where bad things happen fast.

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »

The SR is probably safer than super bikes too. It's easy to make a mistake and get a whiskey throttle, or spin or lock up the rear wheel. Plus if you are like me, you just have to find out what 150 mph feels like where bad things happen fast.
Electrics aren't immune to whiskey throttle either. It amazes me that people get on totally unfamiliar bikes with no gear and have at it.
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 02:43:13 AM »

Thanks for your long post earlier in this thread Michael. I put down a deposit on an NC750S DCT today. My dreams of becoming an EV rider are parked for a few years. However, my choice of ICE bike certainly reflects the impact that riding a few zeros has had on me.

I'll post a topic in General when I've had the bike for a few weeks and let you all know my thoughts.

I hope to be in the market for a 2020 SR. I expect it to cost no more than £10,000 in today's money. For that I expect a minimum range of 150 miles at an average speed of 80 mph, fast charging, great components throughout and a ten year warranty on all parts except consumables. Take note Zero!

By then I expect all the major players to be in the game and for Zero to have been swallowed up by one of them, even if the brand continues.

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 11:49:22 AM »

Thanks for your long post earlier in this thread Michael. I put down a deposit on an NC750S DCT today. My dreams of becoming an EV rider are parked for a few years. However, my choice of ICE bike certainly reflects the impact that riding a few zeros has had on me.

I'll post a topic in General when I've had the bike for a few weeks and let you all know my thoughts.

I hope to be in the market for a 2020 SR. I expect it to cost no more than £10,000 in today's money. For that I expect a minimum range of 150 miles at an average speed of 80 mph, fast charging, great components throughout and a ten year warranty on all parts except consumables. Take note Zero!

By then I expect all the major players to be in the game and for Zero to have been swallowed up by one of them, even if the brand continues.
You are welcome and yours is a very timely post I might add - I traded my scooter in today for the Honda. I said that you would probably like the Honda but let me amend that...you will love it! I put 44 miles on it today and I am even more impressed than I was on the test ride. It is smooth, extremely well-balanced (the low center of gravity does wonders), very comfortable, incredibly easy to ride, plenty powerful, sounds good (at least to me, I'm not a fan of really loud bikes) and is just plain fun. It had gotten to the point where I wasn't riding my scooter at all but that won't be a problem with the Honda - it will get ridden a lot. Of course the SR is quicker but the Honda accelerates just fine and gets off the line quite well. The DCT is great, I kept it in Sport Mode most of the time because in Drive it shifts up too quickly for my taste. You can switch to manual whenever you want which I did from time to time just for fun. When I took it on the freeway I was really impressed with its stability and composure - smooth and relaxed - it actually feels better at cruising speed than the SR. And it has a frunk...and it gets great mileage...and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg...and it looks good. This thing has all the bases covered for me. Yours, being a 750, will even have a little more power than mine. I am sure that this bike will make you very happy.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 12:13:57 PM »

Wow! You didn't hang around Michael! Did you buy a brand new or second hand model? If brand new, I'm surprised you can't get the 750?

It sounds like you're having bags of fun with it already. I've had to do a lot of soul searching to take the plunge with the Honda as it effectively ends my quest to go electric for the time being.

Even though you've beat me to getting the Honda, I'll probably still post a topic in a few weeks time to let you know how I'm getting on with it.

I get the impression that Honda really think things through when coming up with new bikes. I can't wait to see what they bring to the table when they launch their first EV bike.

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 12:45:50 PM »

I got mine new from the same dealership where I bought the Zero so they made me a good deal and gave me more than a fair price on the trade-in. I have no idea why we can't get the 750 on our side of the world - consider yourself lucky. Please do post your thoughts when you get yours. Now, for the first time in months, when I go into the garage to hop on a motorbike the choice won't be so easy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]